The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
andythefir

Re: The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls)

Postby andythefir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well I've been sending resumes to every firm in my state that practices my area of the law and I keep getting either nothing back or a form email stating they have no openings. I'm thinking of taking the bar in another state but I do not have anywhere near enough cash to do that. I'm having panic attacks at least once a day at this point. It's been almost a year since my "sure thing" offer magically turned into nothing after OCI was already over and this has been the worst year of my life by a mile. The amount of stress vomiting I'm doing can't be good for my body.

I'm sorry you're in that position, but why not apply to other kinds of law? If you're flexible re which kind of law and where, I'm sure you'll find work somewhere.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:39 pm

andythefir wrote:I'm sorry you're in that position, but why not apply to other kinds of law? If you're flexible re which kind of law and where, I'm sure you'll find work somewhere.

I've been mass mailing for basically everything without any feedback but basically all of my qualifications are for this one area of the law. I totally regret going to law school. By far the worst decision of my life.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Legal hiring after law school isn't much fun!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:Legal hiring after law school isn't much fun!

:cry: Can completely relate!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:23 pm

My career services office is now ignoring my emails. I get lots of emails asking for money though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Has anyone else found that firms seem to move a lot slower your 3L year than your 2L year. A Big law firm did 3L OCI at my school over a month ago, called back four of us, and three and a half weeks later has not gotten back to ANY of us. Another big law firm took two weeks to contact me for a callback. Is this the norm in 3L hiring?

Return to “Legal Employment”