The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
oasis87

New

Re: The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls)

Post by oasis87 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:This sounds promising:

Recent Law School Graduate to Assist In Development of a Website for Attorneys. Temporary relocation to Ukraine is necessary to work directly with development staff. This position is initially without salary
This makes the $10k /yr Boston College job seem reasonable.
--LinkRemoved--

what the i don't even...

ninereal

New

Post by ninereal » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:04 pm

so, my GF's family has a lakehouse out in the rural part of our state that we went to while I was studying for the bar

on our way back home, driving through a tiny one-street town, I commented on how much it would suck to live there

guess where I just applied

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:52 am

oasis87 wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:This sounds promising:

Recent Law School Graduate to Assist In Development of a Website for Attorneys. Temporary relocation to Ukraine is necessary to work directly with development staff. This position is initially without salary
This makes the $10k /yr Boston College job seem reasonable.
--LinkRemoved--

what the i don't even...
i am going to try to fall asleep and pretend this didn't happen

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Enraged. Found out we have Symplicity reciprocity with the TTT in my home market, from another student, despite the fact that I just met with CSO about how to find more job openings there less than a week ago. Also found out that they have over 200 job postings... compared to our barely 40.

9iceLaw

New

Post by 9iceLaw » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:45 pm

Pretzel_Logic wrote:Congrats to everyone leaving!! And dear God I hope I'm right behind you :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:09 pm

chrisbru wrote:Enraged. Found out we have Symplicity reciprocity with the TTT in my home market, from another student, despite the fact that I just met with CSO about how to find more job openings there less than a week ago. Also found out that they have over 200 job postings... compared to our barely 40.
What market are you in/targeting? I may be able to send you some openings I see around the web during my manic 12 hour job searches :)

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
chrisbru wrote:Enraged. Found out we have Symplicity reciprocity with the TTT in my home market, from another student, despite the fact that I just met with CSO about how to find more job openings there less than a week ago. Also found out that they have over 200 job postings... compared to our barely 40.
What market are you in/targeting? I may be able to send you some openings I see around the web during my manic 12 hour job searches :)

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Wtf. I hope you send an angry e-mail/storm the office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Entry Level Corporate Associate in Los Angeles Office

The Los Angeles office of Holland & Knight has an immediate need for an entry level corporate associate. The candidate must be a self starter with excellent writing skills and a strong academic background. A financial background and/or business acumen is a plus. Holland & Knight’s Los Angeles office possesses a collegial atmosphere and provides its attorneys with tangible opportunities for professional growth and advancement. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please use the careers page on our website at http://www.hklaw.com and submit a cover letter, resume, law school transcript and writing sample. Please note, applications that do not contain both a transcript and a writing sample will not be considered. Direct applicants only - no search firm submissions. EOE. AA M/F/D/V
Job Requirements:
Self starter
Excellent writing skills
Strong academic background
Financial background and/or business acumen is a plus

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Entry Level Corporate Associate in Los Angeles Office

The Los Angeles office of Holland & Knight has an immediate need for an entry level corporate associate. The candidate must be a self starter with excellent writing skills and a strong academic background. A financial background and/or business acumen is a plus. Holland & Knight’s Los Angeles office possesses a collegial atmosphere and provides its attorneys with tangible opportunities for professional growth and advancement. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please use the careers page on our website at http://www.hklaw.com and submit a cover letter, resume, law school transcript and writing sample. Please note, applications that do not contain both a transcript and a writing sample will not be considered. Direct applicants only - no search firm submissions. EOE. AA M/F/D/V
Job Requirements:
Self starter
Excellent writing skills
Strong academic background
Financial background and/or business acumen is a plus
Corporate work must be on the rise again. Sucks since my resume is really litigation based.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Don't let that discourage you. My job has nothing to do with anything on my résumé. Apply to anything you'd be willing to do.

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Willing to trade FL job postings if anyone has NC ones. I would post what I have but there are just too many.

whatsyourdeal

New

Post by whatsyourdeal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:22 pm

This. When I relocated from the bay area to SoCal following the bar, I requested symplicity access for a local TTT. I was amazed at how many substantive job listings they posted. The amount of symplicity postings put my school's site to shame.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:30 pm

anything new for current 3L's? haven't had much luck in reaching out to firms.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Bikeflip wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
Des Moines and Minneapolis

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
Des Moines and Minneapolis

All I can do for you, brother: https://www.law2.byu.edu/Career_Services/jobbank

Username: jobfind Password: EmployUs

Go to Iowa and Minnesota.

ETA: Even if you're a C/O 2014 3L, look anyways.

happy187

Bronze

Post by happy187 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:43 pm

Just wrapped my interview with the hiring committee for DA's office. It was brutal; 15 or so prosecutors firing questions, hypos, and I had to conduct a voir dire (first time ever).

Hopefully this pans out as it is basically my dream job.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:11 pm

Bikeflip wrote:

All I can do for you, brother: https://www.law2.byu.edu/Career_Services/jobbank

Username: jobfind Password: EmployUs

Go to Iowa and Minnesota.

ETA: Even if you're a C/O 2014 3L, look anyways.
lol at the desperation of the password.

congrats to those who have left! another listing for PI-oriented Valers:

STAFF ATTORNEY

Erie, PA
NORTHWESTERN LEGAL SERVICES
http://www.nwls.org
Date Posted: 10/04/2013
Job Type: ATTORNEY
Schedule Type: Full Time

Practice Areas: Civil Rights & Liberties/Racial Justice Issues, Family Law, Homelessness/Housing/Landlord-Tenant

Job Description
Northwestern Legal Services is seeking qualified applicants for a full or part-time Staff Attorney position in our Erie office. Focused caseload includes housing and family along with other areas of poverty law.

EEO Employer

Qualifications
- Travel required.

- Conversational Spanish is desirable.

- Must be licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania.

Salary
- Full time salary with 0-5 years experience is $35,000-$40,000.

- Part-time salary is negotiable.

- Fringe benefits.

- Possible loan repayment assistance.
Application Instructions:
Send cover letter and detailed resume to:

Administrative Assistant
Northwestern Legal Services
1001 State Street, Suite 700
Erie, PA 16501

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:08 am

ninereal wrote:so, my GF's family has a lakehouse out in the rural part of our state that we went to while I was studying for the bar

on our way back home, driving through a tiny one-street town, I commented on how much it would suck to live there

guess where I just applied

Its ok.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:anything new for current 3L's? haven't had much luck in reaching out to firms.
It's so dead it's scary

whatsyourdeal

New

Post by whatsyourdeal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:04 am

Alright bros, my boss is trying to fill my spot. Its a 20/hr gig for a solo doing PI out in SoCal. Good substantive experience. If anyones interested, let PM me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:41 pm

For Valers barred in PA (I'm looking at you, BarbellDreams!):

Position: Assistant Public Defender
Employer: Lancaster County Public Defender (Lancaster, PA)
Contact Address: 150 N. Queen Street, 2nd FL, Suite 210 Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17603
United States
Fax: (717) 299-8172
Position Type: Post Grad (0-3),Post Grad (3-5)
Job Description: The County of Lancaster, Pennsylvania has an opening for a full-time
assistant public defender.
Salary: - $49,335- $87,204
Posted Date: 10/31/2013 Deadline Date: 11/29/2013
Application Process: US Mail to:
James J. Karl
Chief Public Defender
150 N. Queen Street, 2nd FL, Suite 210
Lancaster, PA 17603

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:54 pm

happy187 wrote:Just wrapped my interview with the hiring committee for DA's office. It was brutal; 15 or so prosecutors firing questions, hypos, and I had to conduct a voir dire (first time ever).

Hopefully this pans out as it is basically my dream job.

Just saw this. Good luck!

sparty99

Gold

Post by sparty99 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Position: Associate Attorney

Firm: heplerbroom llc

Description:

heplerbroom llc is seeking an entry-level associate with 0-3 years of litigation experience to join the toxic tort practice group in Edwardsville IL or St. Louis Mo. We are seeking candidates with immediate transferrable skills. Candidates must be admitted and in good standing with the Illinois and Missouri bar.

Contact: Please submit your cover letter, resume and law school transcripts (unofficial is acceptable) to: HeplerBroom LLC attn: lcs POB 510 Edwardsville IL 62025 or email lcs@HeplerBroom.com

sparty99

Gold

Post by sparty99 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:23 pm

MARYLAND BAR REQUIRED.

jUnior Real Estate Attorney
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Company Description

Rosenberg & Associates is a real estate law firm established in 2002. We have 100 + employees spread across two locations - Bethesda, MD and Vienna, VA. We specialize in creditors rights, and our client lists consists of national banks and mortgage lenders. The areas of law in which we specialize include Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, and Eviction.

Rosenberg & Associates is looking for professional, hard working individuals to join our team in our Bethesda office. We offer a great benefits package that only gets better the longer you stay with the firm. This includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, as well as paid time off, transportation benefits, and 401k retirement plan.

We offer a great work life balance and opportunity for growth within the firm.
Job Description

This position includes calling foreclosure sales and attending mediations at courts throughout the state of MD. A reliable vehicle and willingness to travel locally is required.
Qualifications

MD bar license is REQUIRED. Experience with Settlement, Title and Real Estate law strongly desired.
Additional Information

The salary range for the position is $50,000-$65,000 annually.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”