firms that are hiring 3Ls

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:50 pm

The Cleveland office of Thompson Hine LLP seeks an entry-level associate to join its Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation group, ranked #1 by Chambers in Ohio, this fall. The group counsels clients on a broad range of employee benefit and executive compensation issues, including design and implementation of tax qualified retirement plans, health and welfare benefit programs and non-qualified deferred compensation plans, incentive plans and severance pay plans. Its clients consist of publicly traded corporations, privately owned companies, financial institutions and a variety of tax-exempt organizations. A background in tax or human resources, coursework in ERISA, and a tie to Ohio are strongly preferred. Excellent academic credentials and writing skills are required. A cover letter, resume and transcript are required.

Contact: Andraea.Carlson@ThompsonHine.com

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Bump. Anything in NY/NJ?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:00 pm

I was told recently by a partner at a firm that one of the drivers for hiring a 3L at this time of year is a candidate applying who they like coupled with a departure by a first year associate after bonuses... That said, does anyone know any firms where a first year associate recently left?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was told recently by a partner at a firm that one of the drivers for hiring a 3L at this time of year is a candidate applying who they like coupled with a departure by a first year associate after bonuses... That said, does anyone know any firms where a first year associate recently left?


Kasowitz - but doubt they want to hire anyone.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was told recently by a partner at a firm that one of the drivers for hiring a 3L at this time of year is a candidate applying who they like coupled with a departure by a first year associate after bonuses... That said, does anyone know any firms where a first year associate recently left?


Kasowitz - but doubt they want to hire anyone.


Any idea what practice area? Worth a try at least...

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Lwoods » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was told recently by a partner at a firm that one of the drivers for hiring a 3L at this time of year is a candidate applying who they like coupled with a departure by a first year associate after bonuses... That said, does anyone know any firms where a first year associate recently left?


Kasowitz - but doubt they want to hire anyone.


Any idea what practice area? Worth a try at least...


I'm pretty sure that anon was joking.

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/02/nationwide-layoff-watch-casualties-at-kasowitz-benson/

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:02 pm

The Denver office of Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is seeking an entry level (2014 grad) corporate transactional associate. This position includes mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, entity formation and restructuring, securities offerings and SEC matters. Excellent academic performance, strong writing and analytical skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment required. Please submit your cover letter, resume and transcript to Jamie Olberding, Attorney Recruiter

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Anyone hear from Skadden yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Skadden yet?

Skadden what

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Skadden yet?


It sounds like they would prefer a tax llm student

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:21 am

:(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:55 pm

DLA Piper is seeking an attorney who has 1 - 4 years of experience and has an electrical engineering background for our Patent Litigation Group. This position can be based in our San Diego, Palo Alto, Austin, Houston, Wilmington or Boston office.

We prefer candidates with big law firm experience, immediate transferable skills and strong academic backgrounds from nationally recognized law schools. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.

Please apply online or send resume, transcripts and writing sample in confidence to Laurel Megna, DLA Piper, 401 "B" Street, Suite 1700, San Diego, CA 92101, or email to laurel.megna@dlapiper.com.

DLA Piper LLP (US) is an affirmative action plan and equal opportunity employer.

…might be worth a shot!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:39 pm

Is it really this dead...I almost feel like we should name this thread "jobs hiring 3Ls" period.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:57 pm

My CSO (T6) says he's had 0 calls

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My CSO (T6) says he's had 0 calls


welp my office (T7 lol) responds similarly

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:12 pm

Nothing on symplicity either....that's nuts.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Nothing on symplicity either....that's nuts.


They're telling me to apply to jobs that want at least 1 year experience, which would be great if I didn't get instant rejections.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Nothing on symplicity either....that's nuts.


They're telling me to apply to jobs that want at least 1 year experience, which would be great if I didn't get instant rejections.

Well i haven't tried that but thanks for the confidence :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Anything in Chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anything in Chicago?


There's nothing in nowhere as far as I know

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Anything new anywhere? It seems like last year entry-level hiring was alot more active

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anything new anywhere? It seems like last year entry-level hiring was alot more active



+1. It looked more active last year. It is completely dead at my t-14 though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anything new anywhere? It seems like last year entry-level hiring was alot more active



+1. It looked more active last year. It is completely dead at my t-14 though.


A brokerage company posted looking for a leasing agent so there's that (T6.)

sometimesIwonder
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Postby sometimesIwonder » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 pm

people out of law school expect to get jobs still? I never understand why 3Ls get hired.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.