firms that are hiring 3Ls Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: firms that are hiring 3Ls

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The Washington, DC office of Hunton & Williams LLP seeks an entry level associate to join the Competition team in Fall 2014. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in Competition /Antitrust litigation, as well as a strong academic record, exceptional analytical and writing skills and be a true team player. Prior agency (FTC, DOJ) experience is preferred. Judicial Clerkship experience is also preferred. Equal opportunity employer/drug-free workplace/E-Verify participant.
Anybody heard from them yet?
They posted on our Symplicity a while ago and then reposted a couple weeks ago. Seems kind of tough to find the exact right match/fit for the job.
This has been online for months. Anyone else know of any jobs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Proskauer's Boston office is currently looking for a 3L candidate to join our Multi-Tranche Finance practice this fall as a first-year associate. The ideal candidate would have strong grades, a desire to do transactional work (as evidenced by prior work experience, extra-curricular activities, and/or relevant coursework) and an interest in living in Boston.

Please address cover letters to:

Kathleen E. Mierau Creedon
Manager of Legal Recruiting
Proskauer
One International Place
Boston, MA 02110-2600

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:51 am

First Year Attorney - Trademark & Copyright - Job# A20140101 - Seattle, WA

The Seattle Office of Perkins Coie LLP is seeking a current 3L law student to join our Trademark and Copyright practice group as an associate in the fall of 2014. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in and commitment to practicing domestic and international trademark work in the Seattle area, as shown by academic coursework and previous professional experience. Experience with trademark- or trademark-related matters strongly preferred. Excellent academic credentials required; law review or journal membership strongly preferred.

Our nationally-ranked Trademark and Copyright practice group, the largest in the Pacific Northwest, represents multi-national clients in a wide range of industries, from consumer products, software, industrial manufacturing, aerospace, transportation, forest products and construction, to retail, financial, health care, high technology, biotech, fashion, music and interactive entertainment, as well as start-ups and smaller businesses.

To be considered, please submit:
Cover letter
Resume
Law school transcripts
Legal writing sample

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Harrity & Harrity is expanding our successful program for new patent attorneys who are looking for an opportunity to get their foot in the door at a patent law firm and prove that they have what it takes to be a superstar patent associate. Our patent associate trainee program provides in-depth training in patent application drafting with the potential to become a full-time associate with our firm. The patent associate trainee program is a temporary position with our firm for up to four (4) months, during which time, you will be trained in the skills that are needed to prepare high quality patent applications for leading technology companies.

To qualify for this position, you MUST be able to write well. Also, you MUST have a J.D., have passed a bar, and have either a B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering, computer science or engineering, or physics. Being registered to practice before the USPTO is a plus.

You will be paid semi-monthly, at an effective annual salary of $52K. Should you successfully complete the training program, there is a strong possibility that you could be offered a full-time associate position with our firm. Our work environment is casual, collaborative, and friendly. We also provide an excellent compensation package, with comprehensive benefits and a salary that is production-based.

To apply for this position, submit a resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good candidate for the program.

Employer: Harrity & Harrity, LLP (Fairfax, VA)
Name: Rocky Berndsen
Address: 11350 Random Hills Road, Suite 600
Fairfax, VA
22030 United States

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:42 pm

ballard spahr llp is a national law firm with approximately 500 lawyers and 14 offices located throughout the United States. Our Baltimore office is seeking a junior level associate (0-3 years experience) to join our strong litigation practice. Qualified candidates must be licensed to practice in the State of Maryland. Experience in complex commercial litigation is preferred. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth in a collegial environment of a national law firm. Superior academic credentials and strong communication skills are required.

http://www.ballardspahr.com/en/Careers/ ... ities.aspx

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:44 pm

--LinkRemoved--

hodgson russ llp is seeking a qualified attorney with 0 – 3 years experience to join the Buffalo, NY office. Qualified candidates must be admitted or pending bar admission in order to be considered. The ideal candidate will have experience in labor and employment law. All candidates must have excellent research and writing skills and a strong academic record.
Please submit resume, transcripts and written work product.
Shannon Scott
Attorney Recruiting Coordinator
The Guaranty Building
140 Pearl Street, Suite 100
Buffalo, NY 14202-4040
Tel: 716.848.1612
Fax: 716.849.0349
sscott@hodgsonruss.com

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks to the above poster(s) for these job leads.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:18 am

Gale Gale & Hunt, LLC (Syracuse, NY)

Boutique litigation firm with substantial defense practice. Great working environment: stimulating cases, hands on experience including depositions, oral arguments and client interactions. Fast paced but family friendly. Looking for two associates, 0-2 years out, who are enthusiastic and interested in trial work. Law review experience preferred.

Submit application to cgale@gghlawoffice.com.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Anyone hear from Paul Weiss - Corporate

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Paul Weiss - Corporate
Nope. I assume they picked off some people trading up and that was that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Paul Weiss - Corporate
Nope. I assume they picked off some people trading up and that was that.
Nah, they were still looking in late December, but obviously weren't going to get back to anyone until the new year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:31 am

PW phone interview sometime during the first/second week of January, callback very recently. Partner said they're looking for a few people who've had SAs. Think they are also currently interviewing LLMs for the corporate group.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:52 am

How are they still interviewing people that had SA's? My deadline was 11/1 to accept from my firm.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:PW phone interview sometime during the first/second week of January, callback very recently. Partner said they're looking for a few people who've had SAs. Think they are also currently interviewing LLMs for the corporate group.
Around what time were you given confirmation that your application was received....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:46 am

HR from Paul Weiss contacted me (and some classmates) regarding interview within a couple days after submitting application materials. We're all people who need to change markets or practice group (i.e., did some transactional work at 2L firm that does mostly litigation). I've been really impressed by the firm so far, hope it works out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:HR from Paul Weiss contacted me (and some classmates) regarding interview within a couple days after submitting application materials. We're all people who need to change markets or practice group (i.e., did some transactional work at 2L firm that does mostly litigation). I've been really impressed by the firm so far, hope it works out.
I see. Did you apply before or after the New Year...(applied after)

I got the confirmation email, but that's about it. I guess I should not get my hopes up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Which rank school are you guys at? Pretty sure that PW was not advertised at my t-14 simplicity.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Which rank school are you guys at? Pretty sure that PW was not advertised at my t-14 simplicity.
T-6. But it's already closed anyhow. It was open for like 20 days.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Bump. Anything new?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:PW phone interview sometime during the first/second week of January, callback very recently. Partner said they're looking for a few people who've had SAs. Think they are also currently interviewing LLMs for the corporate group.
Any idea if they're still looking? I somehow missed this on this thread but after a no offer, would that look better or worse than an LLM?...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:59 pm

If anyone knows any firms hiring in CA please post...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Any idea if they're still looking? I somehow missed this on this thread but after a no offer, would that look better or worse than an LLM?...

They were looking at my T-14 in July, and apparently made a new resume collect at T-6 in December/January. I have a feeling they are being super-selective but I guess you miss nothing by sending your resume.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:07 am

Executive Compensation & Benefits Associate
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (New York City)

Seeking a class of 2014 (3L or LLM student) to join the Executive Compensation & Benefits department in the Fall of 2014. Student must have a high level of academic achievement, an interest in executive Compensation Issues and have course work in tax and securities laws.

send cover letter, resume & transcript via email to Adrianne Cardiello

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

They were looking at my T-14 in July, and apparently made a new resume collect at T-6 in December/January. I have a feeling they are being super-selective but I guess you miss nothing by sending your resume.
I wonder how this went.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I wonder how this went.
Also curious if anyone got this position(s) yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”