Firms with notoriously poor QOL Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Firms with notoriously poor QOL

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:42 pm

It also depends a great deal on practice group. I have friends at White and Case complaining about working until 11 all summer and I have other friends talking about how relaxing their summers were there.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It also depends a great deal on practice group. I have friends at White and Case complaining about working until 11 all summer and I have other friends talking about how relaxing their summers were there.
I was about to say this. One firm's M&A department could be a sweatshop while its litigation department could be more "lifestyle." It really depends on the partners you're working for and how busy your department is, rather than overall "firm culture."

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:56 pm

The problem with this is there's a lot of variation between practice areas and even within them. These differences don't hold from firm to firm either. Add to this that good people will tend to rise and have better experiences, and it's almost impossible to tell from the outside what your experience is likely to be.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:every experience i have had thus far with Shearman has been wonderful. wondering why they are on this list.
Are you an associate? I'm likely to accept an offer, but have some reservations about QOL. What group are you and what is it like? I really like everyone there and this is the one thing I'd like to know more about.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”