Callback Questions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Questions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:54 pm

I had a screener with a small/medium size, southern firm a little over a week ago. After emailing their HR person on Tuesday asking if she had an idea as to their recruiting schedule, I was told that they were going to meet on Wednesday to select candidates for callbacks. When are calls for callbacks normally made? A day after meeting? Two? If I haven't heard within 24 of the committee meeting should I assume that I did not receive a callback? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Callback Questions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 pm

There is really no way to answer this question. Every firm is different.

fatduck

Re: Callback Questions

Postby fatduck » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:06 am

or, don't assume anything until you get an offer or ding, because it doesn't matter anyway. if you haven't heard back and you're running up against a deadline on another offer, let the firm know about your decision deadline.

Return to “Legal Employment”