(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Myself

Postby Myself » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pokemon

Re: Okay to mass mail two different offices of the same firm?

Postby Pokemon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:59 pm

ajax adonis wrote:Is it okay to mass mail two different offices of the same firm?? There are two different contacts. Is it cool it I put the same text in the email (or very similar text)? Thoughts.

Basing it on class sizes and ability to argue ties, I have picked only one office. Though I am desperate, I pretend not to be. Sending it at both offices seems desperate. If already been rejected from one city, I have no qualms about also e-mailing other city cause you have nothing to lose and 160k to gain.

Myself

Postby Myself » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

yung

Postby yung » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Also interested to know. Do the different contacts actually know the applicants of different offices?

BullShitWithBravado

Postby BullShitWithBravado » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:01 pm

I know some people that have done this and they've been fine. This is especially true if one office is in NYC and the other is in a secondary market where you have strong ties. There's a good chance that it will never even come up, since firms are really busy with recruiting right now anyway.

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:07 pm

With a lot of firms it's fine--just email the right recruiter and good luck. However, I also know people who had received callbacks from two offices of the same firm to only have one office cancel the callback after learning that they'd be traveling to both places. If you're applying to two large offices you're probably fine, but if one office is smaller and requires ties to the region, then you could damage your chances by applying to the NYC office as well.

Return to “Legal Employment”