Ice Miller

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Ice Miller

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:still haven't heard back from my screener in August. Safe to assume i'm on the waitlist? :P

Not looking good...I think they just wrapped up all their callbacks. Could be wrong though. best of luck.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:still haven't heard back from my screener in August. Safe to assume i'm on the waitlist? :P

I'm in the same position. Would LOVE to work there. Just disappointing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I'm in the same position. Would LOVE to work there. Just disappointing.

Any particular reason you like them so much or not really?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 pm

I got my reimbursement check today. Not sure what that signifies for the timetable....

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Still haven't heard. I'm assuming nobody else has either? I really thought we would hear by today....

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:38 pm

They have given out some offers. I would imagine that if you have not heard back yet, then you are in a hold pile while they wait and see how many of their offers accept.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:58 pm

When did they start giving out offers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They have given out some offers. I would imagine that if you have not heard back yet, then you are in a hold pile while they wait and see how many of their offers accept.

Which offices?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They have given out some offers. I would imagine that if you have not heard back yet, then you are in a hold pile while they wait and see how many of their offers accept.

Which offices?

I interviewed for the Indianapolis and the Columbus office and haven't heard anything yet. Can the anon who posted that they have given out offers say when and which offices and if he or she knows when those who received offers had their callbacks?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I interviewed for the Indianapolis and the Columbus office and haven't heard anything yet. Can the anon who posted that they have given out offers say when and which offices and if he or she knows when those who received offers had their callbacks?

I interviewed for the Indy office and haven't heard anything either. I followed up a little over a week ago, and they said they'd be making offers within two weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 pm

Good. well, let's hope to hear by the end of the week. Did you email or call?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Good. well, let's hope to hear by the end of the week. Did you email or call?

Called.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:33 am

I sent an email last week to let them know of an expiring offer but they never responded. Okay, well let's hope they call by the end of the week. Otherwise, I'm off to NYC.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Still no news?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm

I haven't heard anything. Killing me. I really thought we would hear back by the end of this week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard anything. Killing me. I really thought we would hear back by the end of this week.

Keep waiting. I called today, and they said call back next week when they might know something.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard anything. Killing me. I really thought we would hear back by the end of this week.

Keep waiting. I called today, and they said call back next week when they might know something.

Kind of ridiculous. I had my callback on the 7th of september.....

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:29 am

Just to give you an idea of what you are dealing with...I had a call back with them (Chicago) back in mid Aug. I told the attorneys I met with that I would need to make a decision soon. The one attorney basically made it seem like he was going to give me an offer on the spot and wanted to discuss numbers (I was interviewing for a first-year associate position). I also spoke with the recruiting coordinator in Indianapolis informing her that I appreciated her setting up the call back and that I would need an answer within two weeks. They said they would get back to me immediately. A week later comes by...nothing. So I followed up with an email to one of the attorneys....nothing...Sent a follow up to the recruiting coordinator...nothing

8 weeks later and several CBs/offers later, I have since accepted an offer with another firm. I was not impressed at all. They don't seem organized and I don't think that reflects well on their firm. In the end, I am happy with my cycle and where I eventually accepted an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just to give you an idea of what you are dealing with...I had a call back with them (Chicago) back in mid Aug. I told the attorneys I met with that I would need to make a decision soon. The one attorney basically made it seem like he was going to give me an offer on the spot and wanted to discuss numbers (I was interviewing for a first-year associate position). I also spoke with the recruiting coordinator in Indianapolis informing her that I appreciated her setting up the call back and that I would need an answer within two weeks. They said they would get back to me immediately. A week later comes by...nothing. So I followed up with an email to one of the attorneys....nothing...Sent a follow up to the recruiting coordinator...nothing

8 weeks later and several CBs/offers later, I have since accepted an offer with another firm. I was not impressed at all. They don't seem organized and I don't think that reflects well on their firm. In the end, I am happy with my cycle and where I eventually accepted an offer.

Some firms are like this. I interviewed with them last year and it was basically the same thing. No response for 1.5 months after repeated emails. I finally sent an email saying I accepted an offer and they sent me two rejection letters about a week apart. Winston in NYC does the same thing. Recruiter will not respond to you and the office won't pick up the phone. I had to call my original screener who then called recruiting herself.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Bump for any news. I heard last year they didn't make offers until October 20 or so-- seems like there should be some news this year any time now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Anyone have any insight about this firm's IL offices?

Return to “Legal Employment”