Weil or Cahill

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Weil or Cahill

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Heavy interest in Litigation, and trying to decide between Weil and Cahill's New York offices. Any thoughts, feelings are much appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: Weil or Cahill

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Probably paid more at Cahill?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:17 pm

I'd pick Cahill on the crazy idea that maybe I'd get to work with Floyd Abrams.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Renzo wrote:I'd pick Cahill on the crazy idea that maybe I'd get to work with Floyd Abrams.

I did a callback interview with a junior associate there who told me he did get to work with him and that it was awesome. But the junior associate was also a pretty famous political commentator and journalist, so I dunno if all juniors get equal treatment in that regard.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Renzo wrote:I'd pick Cahill on the crazy idea that maybe I'd get to work with Floyd Abrams.

I did a callback interview with a junior associate there who told me he did get to work with him and that it was awesome. But the junior associate was also a pretty famous political commentator and journalist, so I dunno if all juniors get equal treatment in that regard.

Floyd Abrams was a partner liaison for a summer associate this year, which means he basically helped his mentee get his work and interacted with him on a routine basis. I know some other summers got to work with Floyd, too, as do associates. Everyone knows what a big deal Floyd is, but he's not closed off from everyone.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:46 pm

You are all joking, right? Go with Weil if you're interested in litigation, look at the clients and the quality of work. There is no comparison. If you hate it, you have your choice of exit plans, including Cahill. Floyd Abrams is undoubtedly legendary, but you don't go to a firm for one partner, especially not one his age.

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You are all joking, right? Go with Weil if you're interested in litigation, look at the clients and the quality of work. There is no comparison. If you hate it, you have your choice of exit plans, including Cahill. Floyd Abrams is undoubtedly legendary, but you don't go to a firm for one partner, especially not one his age.

This is correct.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Floyd Abrams was a partner liaison for a summer associate this year, which means he basically helped his mentee get his work and interacted with him on a routine basis. I know some other summers got to work with Floyd, too, as do associates. Everyone knows what a big deal Floyd is, but he's not closed off from everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Abrams

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You are all joking, right? Go with Weil if you're interested in litigation, look at the clients and the quality of work. There is no comparison. If you hate it, you have your choice of exit plans, including Cahill. Floyd Abrams is undoubtedly legendary, but you don't go to a firm for one partner, especially not one his age.

TCR

Return to “Legal Employment”