Page 1 of 1

How long after screener do I email w continued interest?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:16 am
by Anonymous User
Our career services tells us to wait 2 weeks after the screener interview before emailing to ask about a callback/express continued interest. What does everyone think about this?

Also, better to email your interviewer directly, or head of recruiting?

Does anyone know of this strategy having any success?

Re: How long after screener do I email w continued interest?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:29 am
by RVP11
Anonymous User wrote:Our career services tells us to wait 2 weeks after the screener interview before emailing to ask about a callback/express continued interest. What does everyone think about this?

Also, better to email your interviewer directly, or head of recruiting?

Does anyone know of this strategy having any success?


Do you really think this will make a difference in whether you get a callback?

Re: How long after screener do I email w continued interest?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 am
by TLSNYC
RVP11 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Our career services tells us to wait 2 weeks after the screener interview before emailing to ask about a callback/express continued interest. What does everyone think about this?

Also, better to email your interviewer directly, or head of recruiting?

Does anyone know of this strategy having any success?


Do you really think this will make a difference in whether you get a callback?


Not OP, but maybe, maybe not. If it's been over a week and your classmates have gotten CBs and you haven't, you're likely out of the running, so what harm could a follow up email do? And who knows, if not enough students from your school go on the callback and the firm wants to make sure it hires at least X people from your school, they might start looking at the waitlist, at which point your email may come in handy.

Anyways, I am also interested in the answer to OP's question.

Re: How long after screener do I email w continued interest?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:33 am
by Anonymous User
Can't hurt.....worst case scenario, they don't respond. Maybe they'll respond saying "we are still considering you" or "you will hear very soon".....any info is better than radio silence while you wait.