Thank Screener?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thank Screener?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 am

Is it typical to thank the screener after being invited to a call back?

FeelTheHeat

Re: Thank Screener?

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is it typical to thank the screener after being invited to a call back?

This question hasn't been posited a million times on this site and required the use of anonymous posting.

Gorki

Postby Gorki » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is it typical to thank the screener after being invited to a call back?

The short answer: No. The longer answer: No, because if you haven't thanked them by this point there is a good chance it will just come across as awkward. Even longer answer: Unless the screener themselves had something to do with you getting the interview, they do not expect, and sometimes do not want thank you emails; after all, you are one of many many people they interviewed and its very unlikely you were the only one who thought they connected with the screener.

meowtwo

Postby meowtwo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 am

Agreed with the above.

Generally, if you do send a thank you note to a screener, you should send it within 24-48 hours. Clearly you were able to get the callback without sending a thank-you note, so I don't think you need to worry about it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:56 pm

I personally let all of my callbacks go to voice mail and emailed the person who called me back both acknowledging the callback and thanking them for taking the time to interview me. Just about all of them emailed back and I reconnected with them at the callback as well. I suppose it depends on who interviews you. I interviewed with a lot of hiring partners/people on the hiring committee.

Return to “Legal Employment”