Undergrad transcript after CB

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Undergrad transcript after CB

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Had a CB, went well I thought...but just got a request for a UG transcript. I had absolutely awful undergrad grades...how much will this affect me (obviously I'm sending it)?

Anonymous User

Re: Undergrad transcript after CB

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:11 pm

Was it Ropes who asked for the undergrad transcript? I am not sure how it will affect you, but my inclination is that they are on the fence about you, so the low grades might put them off, but who knows? All you can do is send it and hope for the best.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Did you express interest/mention undergrad experience in a specific practice area? Only firms that had a strong IP practice group asked me for an undergrad transcript post-CB. I was also really worried, especially since I did average-badly in all my technical courses. So far I have one ding and one offer from firms that asked for the transcript. Hard to predict what will happen...my technical GPA was ~3.0 while my overall was ~3.8, and the firm that gave me an offer supposedly values technical expertise more. It may have helped that I went to a very strong undergrad school...but again, who knows!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 am

In a callback with Baker Botts DC, the partner looked at my UG transcript (which I gave after the screener) and he asked 1 or 2 more questions and pushed me out the door, 5 minutes into a 30 minute interview. Wasn't surprised when I got that rejection letter.

Return to “Legal Employment”