White & Case question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

White & Case question

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 pm

I would just like to preface this with, "I'm an idiot," so save yourselves the trouble, but if I have a White and Case CB in a morning slot does anyone who has also had one know if they start at 10 or 10:30? Getting nervous I won't get an itinerary from the recruiter beforehand (but my CB is not tomorrow) and I lost the sheet where I wrote down all my CB dates and times. fml. TYVM

falcon14

New

Re: White & Case question

Post by falcon14 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:11 pm

If it helps, mine is booked for 10:00 am.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:14 pm

falcon14 wrote:If it helps, mine is booked for 10:00 am.
thank you!! it does since I recall there only being one morning and one afternoon time available. thanks so much

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
falcon14 wrote:If it helps, mine is booked for 10:00 am.
thank you!! it does since I recall there only being one morning and one afternoon time available. thanks so much
If it helps, mine is 10 as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:26 pm

thanks so much guys

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:thanks so much guys
I have an 11 am...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:40 pm

I didn't get my schedule until the night before my interview. There should be a few people scheduled for the same time slot and the recruiting coordinator will speak to all of you together before your first interview. I'd be sure to get there at 9:45 b/c when I went, one of the interviewees was late and held all of us back a few minutes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I didn't get my schedule until the night before my interview. There should be a few people scheduled for the same time slot and the recruiting coordinator will speak to all of you together before your first interview. I'd be sure to get there at 9:45 b/c when I went, one of the interviewees was late and held all of us back a few minutes.
Question. I've been told that the call back interviews here are a little abnormal in that it is more than just determining whether or not you "fit." They ask more legally substantive questions so they can evaluate your legal analysis, etc. Is this true. My screener did throw a few curve ball questions, and they have someone who grades your writing sample, so I am expecting that this could be true.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I didn't get my schedule until the night before my interview. There should be a few people scheduled for the same time slot and the recruiting coordinator will speak to all of you together before your first interview. I'd be sure to get there at 9:45 b/c when I went, one of the interviewees was late and held all of us back a few minutes.
Question. I've been told that the call back interviews here are a little abnormal in that it is more than just determining whether or not you "fit." They ask more legally substantive questions so they can evaluate your legal analysis, etc. Is this true. My screener did throw a few curve ball questions, and they have someone who grades your writing sample, so I am expecting that this could be true.
Same anon you quoted above. I definitely think this is true. I had 2 interviewers ask me about my writing sample topic and one had me walk through an argument in my brief. I felt like one interviewer was just throwing curveball after curveball about a particular area of law I expressed interest in. At the end I was told my answers were impressive...but I wonder if they say that to everyone who can actually answer the questions? Interview with the hiring partner was much more lax and seemed to be more about fit. Would be interested to hear about others' interview experiences at White & Case...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Same anon you quoted above. I definitely think this is true. I had 2 interviewers ask me about my writing sample topic and one had me walk through an argument in my brief. I felt like one interviewer was just throwing curveball after curveball about a particular area of law I expressed interest in. At the end I was told my answers were impressive...but I wonder if they say that to everyone who can actually answer the questions? Interview with the hiring partner was much more lax and seemed to be more about fit. Would be interested to hear about others' interview experiences at White & Case...

I would be interested too. I don't mind have substantive legal convos I just feel like they are hard to prepare for. I wouldn't mind if they sent a case a few days before and said "be prepared to discuss during your interview." Or if they just stuck to the topics discussed in your writing sample, but questions about practice areas of law I expressed interest in is rough. While antitrust may be cool, and and area I would like to explore over the summer, I'm not well versed enough in competition law that I would feel comfortable having a substantive convo about it during my interview.

falcon14

New

Post by falcon14 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 am

I was told that White & Case is more likely to ask substantive legal questions. That is, they will ask about an area of law that you worked on (per your resume).

Anyway, it would be nice if somebody else could describe their call-back interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:07 pm

does anyone have insight into how long it takes to hear back after a CB (NYC)? Had one a week ago, haven't heard back and they told me it would be about a week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:does anyone have insight into how long it takes to hear back after a CB (NYC)? Had one a week ago, haven't heard back and they told me it would be about a week.
+1 anyone hear anything yes or no?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:does anyone have insight into how long it takes to hear back after a CB (NYC)? Had one a week ago, haven't heard back and they told me it would be about a week.
Care to share anything about your cb experience?

falcon14

New

Post by falcon14 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:33 am

My very recent call back was exactly what you would expect, conversational interviews and a lunch... absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”