Linklaters CB Experience

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 pm

I've read that they ask behavioral questions / pose economic hypothetical at their CBs, does anyone have any insight into this? Specifically, is it stuff like "what would you do if [insert awkward work-related scenario here]" or is it more like "China's economy tanks, how would this impact our global practice?" I've read some daunting examples on their UK forums, not sure if they ask the same kinds of question in the U.S.. Any general anecdotes about Linklaters CBs would also be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've read that they ask behavioral questions / pose economic hypothetical at their CBs, does anyone have any insight into this? Specifically, is it stuff like "what would you do if [insert awkward work-related scenario here]" or is it more like "China's economy tanks, how would this impact our global practice?" I've read some daunting examples on their UK forums, not sure if they ask the same kinds of question in the U.S.. Any general anecdotes about Linklaters CBs would also be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.


Yeah.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've read that they ask behavioral questions / pose economic hypothetical at their CBs, does anyone have any insight into this? Specifically, is it stuff like "what would you do if [insert awkward work-related scenario here]" or is it more like "China's economy tanks, how would this impact our global practice?" I've read some daunting examples on their UK forums, not sure if they ask the same kinds of question in the U.S.. Any general anecdotes about Linklaters CBs would also be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.


Yeah.


Thanks! That's a relief.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 pm

I also have a Linklaters CB and would love any more feedback if someone cares to share!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I also have a Linklaters CB and would love any more feedback if someone cares to share!


OP here. I've spoken to alums who summered at Linklaters and they confirmed that the questions were limited to awkward work scenarios last year. Who knows what's in store this year though. Good luck with your CB!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:17 pm

There will also be a lot of behavioral questions to start off your interviews from the recruitment coordinator before you see partners/associates.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:54 am

What exactly do you mean by behavioral? Could you give an example of something you remember? Like "3 words that describe you" "whats your weakness" type? Or the situational ones described above?

Thanks for the feedback!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:What exactly do you mean by behavioral? Could you give an example of something you remember? Like "3 words that describe you" "whats your weakness" type? Or the situational ones described above?

Thanks for the feedback!

the former

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What exactly do you mean by behavioral? Could you give an example of something you remember? Like "3 words that describe you" "whats your weakness" type? Or the situational ones described above?

Thanks for the feedback!

the former


That's funny, I had the "3 words that describe you" question at a Hogan Lovells screener. Wonder if it's a magic circle thing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Linklaters CB Experience

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What exactly do you mean by behavioral? Could you give an example of something you remember? Like "3 words that describe you" "whats your weakness" type? Or the situational ones described above?

Thanks for the feedback!

the former


That's funny, I had the "3 words that describe you" question at a Hogan Lovells screener. Wonder if it's a magic circle thing.

Hogan Lovells isn't magic circle.

It is a London thing though.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.