Mass Mail Callback Travel Expenses

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass Mail Callback Travel Expenses

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 pm

I have two callbacks with two firms that I mass mailed. One is a mid-sized law firm in Philly - I had a screener with them and then by e-mail they asked me back for a "callback" that will last around 1-1.5 hours. Another is a NJ firm - they asked me to come in for their "in-house interview program" that looks to also last between 1-1.5 hours (they actually never explicitly said this was a CB, but they did say in the e-mail what the timeline is for knowing whether you got an offer). My question is whether I should ask them about travel expense reimbursement? Or is that only a NALP/NYC thing? I'm pretty sure the philly firm does not have a nalp form, but the NJ one does. Neither firm mentioned anything about reimbursement in their e-mails to me.

de5igual

Re: Mass Mail Callback Travel Expenses

Postby de5igual » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:16 pm

If you don't feel comfortable directly asking about reimbursements, why not couch the question in terms of whether the firm has a specific method of arranging travel for this interview. They'll either direct you to the firm travel agent, tell you the reimbursement policy, or if not, that means no reimbursement.

Return to “Legal Employment”