2013 NY DA Offices Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2013 NY DA Offices

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Recently was denied by the Bronx DA, too bad would have liked to work there. Anyone hear either way from them in the past few days?
I was also rejected by the Bronx last week. And by Queens the week before.
Sorry to hear that. Just curious, how many interviews did you get through at Queens?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Recently was denied by the Bronx DA, too bad would have liked to work there. Anyone hear either way from them in the past few days?
I was also rejected by the Bronx last week. And by Queens the week before.
Sorry to hear that. Just curious, how many interviews did you get through at Queens?
Had 2 interviews at Queens. My panel was back in early November.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Has anyone else accepted an offer from Brooklyn?

Geist13

Silver

Post by Geist13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:22 pm

I'd like to hear if there are any other out of state applicants who are still in the running at queens? I've had two rounds and as far as I can tell my second round interview went quite well, probably my best since beginning law school. So I'm really hoping to get passed on to the final round. BUT, as everyone has said, the office moves incredibly slowly and may not make final hiring decisions for months (my experiences with them so far confirms that they are quite slow). What in the world are non-new york students to do about the bar? I can't wait until queens makes an offer, since by all accounts (including my interviewers'), that may not happen for a long while. Should non-new yorkers just go ahead, cough up the dough and time and register for the new york bar just in case the improbable offer appears? It seems really absurd, but that's the only solution I can come up with.

I'd love to hear what other out of state DA applicants plan on doing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long after the second round interview at Manhattan did people hear whether they received a third round, and how were you informed? Also, was there any indication right after the interview whether they wanted to recommend you for a third round?
it varies. Some people a week, others a lot longer. If you go to school from out of town, they sometimes will conduct your third round right after your second, if the 2nd round panel recommends it.

So if you go to school out of town and had a second round interview, but wasnt recommended to conduct the third round right after your second...is that a bad sign?
Not necessarily. When I was at my 3rd round there was someone there from out of town for a 3rd round who'd had a 2nd round several weeks before. I don't think you can read anything into anything the Manhattan DA does. You're in the running until you explicitly hear otherwise.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long after the second round interview at Manhattan did people hear whether they received a third round, and how were you informed? Also, was there any indication right after the interview whether they wanted to recommend you for a third round?
it varies. Some people a week, others a lot longer. If you go to school from out of town, they sometimes will conduct your third round right after your second, if the 2nd round panel recommends it.

So if you go to school out of town and had a second round interview, but wasnt recommended to conduct the third round right after your second...is that a bad sign?
Not necessarily. When I was at my 3rd round there was someone there from out of town for a 3rd round who'd had a 2nd round several weeks before. I don't think you can read anything into anything the Manhattan DA does. You're in the running until you explicitly hear otherwise.
Ok thanks for the answer! How long did it take between your second and third interview for them to notify you. And did they call you or email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Ok thanks for the answer! How long did it take between your second and third interview for them to notify you. And did they call you or email?
I think maybe a week or two? Pretty fast. Heard via phone (unlisted number).

But this was a couple of months ago and I still haven't heard about a 4th round. Hopeful though b/c I haven't been rejected yet either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think maybe a week or two? Pretty fast. Heard via phone (unlisted number).

But this was a couple of months ago and I still haven't heard about a 4th round. Hopeful though b/c I haven't been rejected yet either.
If you dont mind me asking, when was your second round interview? December?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ok thanks for the answer! How long did it take between your second and third interview for them to notify you. And did they call you or email?
I am not the above anonymous poster but, I heard about Round 3 over a month after my Round 2 interview. I also heard via phone.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
If you dont mind me asking, when was your second round interview? December?
Yes, December.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:23 pm

Anyone have a final interview with DA RIce of Nassau DA; curious to know what type of questions if any; whether it is congenial/perfunctory etc...what was it like and when did you get an offer/rejection

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a final interview with DA RIce of Nassau DA; curious to know what type of questions if any; whether it is congenial/perfunctory etc...what was it like and when did you get an offer/rejection
I had a final round with DA Rice back in January. It was definitely NOT a formality. It lasted nearly an hour and I got asked 3-4 hypos, mostly ethical questions and questions about how you would handle yourself as a prosecutor. She also asked me all the usual questions like "Why do you want to be a prosecutor" "why this office" and about my previous internships.

At the end of the interview, she told me that I wouldn't hear anything until April. Don't know if that was code for a rejection or if no offers are being made until then.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a final interview with DA RIce of Nassau DA; curious to know what type of questions if any; whether it is congenial/perfunctory etc...what was it like and when did you get an offer/rejection
I had a final round with DA Rice back in January. It was definitely NOT a formality. It lasted nearly an hour and I got asked 3-4 hypos, mostly ethical questions and questions about how you would handle yourself as a prosecutor. She also asked me all the usual questions like "Why do you want to be a prosecutor" "why this office" and about my previous internships.

At the end of the interview, she told me that I wouldn't hear anything until April. Don't know if that was code for a rejection or if no offers are being made until then.
Did she tell you how many people she planned on hiring?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Nope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Nope.
I got notice for a third round interview with DA Rice, and when I called to schedule they told me the earliest slots were in April. I wouldn't assume that being told you'll hear in April is indicative of rejection. That being said, I know for a fact that offers have been made to people who have already had final interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Any word from Queen? I know offers could be a while, but has anyone who's had an Executive Interview received a rejection?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I got notice for a third round interview with DA Rice, and when I called to schedule they told me the earliest slots were in April. I wouldn't assume that being told you'll hear in April is indicative of rejection. That being said, I know for a fact that offers have been made to people who have already had final interviews.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

How many people do you know got offers so far? And did DA Rice give out offers during the interview or did they get a call afterwards?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Anyone hear from Manhattan this week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Yeah I heard on monday or Tuesday and so did my friend (same day) automated email; both for the 2nd round. I have a friend awaiting info for a third round but he hasn't heard anything it 2 months or so. It is all just a waiting game

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yeah I heard on monday or Tuesday and so did my friend (same day) automated email; both for the 2nd round. I have a friend awaiting info for a third round but he hasn't heard anything it 2 months or so. It is all just a waiting game

Has your friend who has been waiting on a third round call to ask about his status?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Yes he did; and they said just to wait, no news is good news I say; Anyone here from Queens who had an Executive?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes he did; and they said just to wait, no news is good news I say; Anyone here from Queens who had an Executive?
Not yet. Patiently ( :roll: ) waiting. Does anyone know for sure if offers will take a few months? I'm mainly wondering if they will all come at the same time in a few months or if they could be staggered throughout the next few months.

mmg3327

New

Post by mmg3327 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:23 am

Just heard this week that I got a 4th round at Manhattan! Very very excited. Does anyone know when the new class of ADAs typically starts work in Manhattan?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:50 pm

mmg3327 wrote:Just heard this week that I got a 4th round at Manhattan! Very very excited. Does anyone know when the new class of ADAs typically starts work in Manhattan?
Congrats! It's Sept 3 this year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:32 am

For everyone wondering about when they will hear from the NY DA, I have a friend who had there 2nd round interview with them very recently, and she said that they informed her that she should hear about a 3rd round within seven to ten days.

They told her that as they are now doing more 3rd and 4th rounds , as opposed to doing more 1st and 2nd rounds as they were doing earlier in the year, that the process for those who have completed the 2nd round should be moving a bit faster now as the school year comes to a close

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”