chambers associate missing firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
fatduck

chambers associate missing firms

Postby fatduck » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:33 pm

what are we to assume about firms who are conspicuously absent from chambers associate? something to hide?

LawIdiot86

Re: chambers associate missing firms

Postby LawIdiot86 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:42 pm

fatduck wrote:what are we to assume about firms who are conspicuously absent from chambers associate? something to hide?

Giving some of the firms you have discovered to be missing might be helpful? Wilson Elser, a non-NALP firm is there, so it isn't as narrow as NALP was or is. Maybe the firm's small? Or too generalist to trigger a category listing?

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:45 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
fatduck wrote:what are we to assume about firms who are conspicuously absent from chambers associate? something to hide?

Giving some of the firms you have discovered to be missing might be helpful? Wilson Elser, a non-NALP firm is there, so it isn't as narrow as NALP was or is. Maybe the firm's small? Or too generalist to trigger a category listing?

You're thinking Chambers & Partners, the site that rates practice areas. Chambers Associate gives an overview of the firm to help prospective associates differentiate between places.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:46 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:

sorry i thought i included that in the OP. i noticed covington was missing, which prompted this thread.

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:49 pm

clintonius wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:

You're thinking Chambers & Partners, the site that rates practice areas. Chambers Associate gives an overview of the firm to help prospective associates differentiate between places.

Ahh, my bad. I have the old 2010 edition of Chambers Associates that lists almost all of the major firms, including Covington. If anyone thinks such information could be useful, PM.

anon168

Postby anon168 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Because you have to pay to play.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:53 pm

anon168 wrote:

Because you have to pay to play.

ah. in that case, i respect their principled holdout.

Return to “Legal Employment”