Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Had a CB with them yesterday and was hoping people could post here as they hear back. Anyone have an idea of the expected timeline?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Have heard that they're hoping to get back to the Saturday group sometime this week, even if it's just to ask us to sit tight a bit longer. They're reducing class size and keeping a tight leash on their yield.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Offers going out for Sat. CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers going out for Sat. CB.


When did you hear back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers going out for Sat. CB.

Congratulations! But also :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers going out for Sat. CB.


Were you part of the morning group or afternoon group?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 am

Morning CB, received offer yesterday evening. Best of luck to those still waiting; they are a phenomenal firm!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 am

I told them that I had offers at Sidley, Bingham and White and Case, so I think I might get YP dinged. :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:I told them that I had offers at Sidley, Bingham and White and Case, so I think I might get YP dinged. :(



They don't strike me as a YP kind of place; they strike me as an either you fit in with our culture/practice areas/personality (similar to Quinn, for example) or you don't kind of place. I have offers at "higher-ranked" Vault firms (whatever that even means, honestly) but absolutely loved HH and I think that came across. But I doubt they made all their calls in one evening, there were a lot of people at the Saturday CB over both time slots.

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Old Gregg » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:I told them that I had offers at Sidley, Bingham and White and Case, so I think I might get YP dinged. :(


no such thing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:17 am

isn't Hughes Hubbard the top firm in the country according to the a-list or something?

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Old Gregg » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:isn't Hughes Hubbard the top firm in the country according to the a-list or something?


Doesn't matter. Hughes Hubbard is a great place to work, and I'm pretty sure a partner there would be offended to being compared to White & Case or Sidley. Totally different firms, totally different cultures, totally different strengths weaknesses.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:08 pm

how was the callback there?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:how was the callback there?

Funny. Seriously, I had lots of fun, and laughed quite a bit. The recruiting coordinator is a riot, and everybody I met with had lots of personality. Other CBs have been fine -- people are friendly and whatnot -- but this place stood out. Great if you have a strong goofy side, and probably horrible if you are quiet and awkward.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Having worked at HH, I would make sure you do some research into what you will be doing and if you truly fit in. People there can be very misleading (nice at first and then hellish once you are there). Beware that associates there are very unhappy with the kind of work that they are doing and partners turn a blind eye until it becomes a money issue. If you have no other offers, fine, but it is not the lifestyle firm that they once were.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:22 pm

has anyone else heard anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Also curious if there has been any more movement.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:19 pm

anyone hear anything one way or the other yet? I thought they would at least give us an update by today, unless people did and I just didnt.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Rejection in the mail today. Only a couple more opportunities to get an offer...ugh

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Rejection in the mail today. Only a couple more opportunities to get an offer...ugh
Did you interview Saturday?
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear anything one way or the other yet? I thought they would at least give us an update by today, unless people did and I just didnt.
I did get an update today. Basically a "sit tight, you're still in the running" call -- very nice of them, I thought. Not sure if that was unique or if they called a number of people, so can't shed any light on your situation, I'm afraid. Just remember it's not over until that letter comes!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Rejection in the mail today. Only a couple more opportunities to get an offer...ugh
Did you interview Saturday?
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear anything one way or the other yet? I thought they would at least give us an update by today, unless people did and I just didnt.
I did get an update today. Basically a "sit tight, you're still in the running" call -- very nice of them, I thought. Not sure if that was unique or if they called a number of people, so can't shed any light on your situation, I'm afraid. Just remember it's not over until that letter comes!


I did interview Saturday..thought it went decently but I guess not

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:46 am

anyone know about how many ppl were at last Saturday's callback day and about how many offers they gave? im assuming no one knows but jw

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone know about how many ppl were at last Saturday's callback day and about how many offers they gave? im assuming no one knows but jw


Just finished a CB there today. Im guessing there were 8 candidates total: 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon rotation.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone know about how many ppl were at last Saturday's callback day and about how many offers they gave? im assuming no one knows but jw


Just finished a CB there today. Im guessing there were 8 candidates total: 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon rotation.


how was it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273376
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone know about how many ppl were at last Saturday's callback day and about how many offers they gave? im assuming no one knows but jw


Just finished a CB there today. Im guessing there were 8 candidates total: 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon rotation.


how was it?


They were great. I'd be super happy to get an offer.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.