asking for a CB

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

asking for a CB

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:30 pm

our OCS told us to let firms we havent heard back from after a screener know if we are going to be in the area for another callback so they'll hopefully schedule a CB since we'll already be there. anyone have any suggestions for making this type of request without seeming too pushy?

mr_toad

Re: asking for a CB

Postby mr_toad » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm glad you asked this. I'm also interested in the answer, and it's been 10 days since my screener (people have received CBs and dings from them, so it seems like I'm in a hold position, perhaps?). Anyone succeed in doing something like this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm

mr_toad wrote:I'm glad you asked this. I'm also interested in the answer, and it's been 10 days since my screener (people have received CBs and dings from them, so it seems like I'm in a hold position, perhaps?). Anyone succeed in doing something like this?

I've had success re-contacting firms that I had mass-mailed (with no initial response) and setting up an interview with the "I'll be in the area on X date" hook. I tried it with firms for which I had already had a screener with no success, but that's probably just randomness.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:57 pm

I successfully scored interviews by already being in the area for a different interview and emailing firms to tell them so. But it only worked after I had another interview and could name-drop.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:09 pm

who do you email with this sort of request?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:who do you email with this sort of request?

Recruiter. Listed on website or NALP form.

Return to “Legal Employment”