Questions about Nutter McClennen Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Questions about Nutter McClennen

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:44 pm

BC/BU student who interviewed with these guys. Interview went extremely well, but I suspect the interviewer was just a nice person who talks well with everyone. Praying for a callback and have some questions: what is their grade cutoff for BC/BU students? I've heard anywhere from top third to median, and I think I heard about someone from below median getting an offer once. Are they grade sticklers?

Also, what exactly does a 1st year earn? Some websites online say that the starting salary is $160k, but Vault and TLS say they pay below market.

What kind of person typically makes a callback with Nutter? I got a strong feeling that they care about fit, but I don't know exactly what the "fit" is, or what else besides fit and grades count for callbacks?

Ugh...out of all my interviews this is the firm I have a best shot at. I think I gave a good interview, but I don't trust my instincts at all since 1L.

Anonymous User

Re: Questions about Nutter McClennen

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:48 pm

1. Need to sell them that you love Boston
2. Fit is important. They're a pretty laid back firm. They're not trying to increase billables and open a NY office soon. It's part of the firm culture. They'd much rather have people who are laid back and collegial than someone trying to bill 2500 hours. Everyone says they're collegial, Nutter actually means it
3. Grades matter a lot less. Obviously higher grades will help though. LR is more helpful I believe.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:49 pm

I did an interview and thought we got along great and I didnt think it could have gone better ... ding the next day.

thesteelers

Bronze

Post by thesteelers » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Yeah, what's killing me is that I've interviewed with some firms who absolutely should not consider me...and yet they haven't dinged me yet, while some people with better grades have been dinged already. So this gets my hopes up. Then I realize that firms just do not hire from below median. Then I tell myself not to have any hope. Then I wonder why I haven't been dinged yet...and so on.

Also, I'm still curious about Nutter's salary btw.

Pokemon

Gold

Post by Pokemon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:47 pm

thesteelers wrote:Yeah, what's killing me is that I've interviewed with some firms who absolutely should not consider me...and yet they haven't dinged me yet, while some people with better grades have been dinged already. So this gets my hopes up. Then I realize that firms just do not hire from below median. Then I tell myself not to have any hope. Then I wonder why I haven't been dinged yet...and so on.

Also, I'm still curious about Nutter's salary btw.
It does not matter. 145k v. 160k does not really make a difference in Boston. It really also is a great firm, at least in terms of attorney personalities.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”