Has anyone used JD Match recently?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Has anyone used JD Match recently?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:58 pm

I found this old thread:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=153728

It seems there were problems with the site last year, but I suppose it is possible the site improved this year.

So, has anyone here used JD Match this recruiting season? As OCI is largely over, is it too late to use the site?

BruceMacEwen

Re: Has anyone used JD Match recently?

Postby BruceMacEwen » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi, folks:

Last year we launched 12 weeks before OCI began, so the site was brand-new then. By the time OCI started last year we had about 1,200 student members. In the past year, we have made >250 changes to the site, some small but some quite substantive. One of our law firm members called it (in the good sense!) "unrecognizable - a new site." Today we also have over 4,000 student members, so without question people are using it.

We're in this for the long run and have some other significant extensions of what we offer in the works. Thanks for the interest.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:53 pm

why does your site require that I list my LSAT score in my profile? I have no interest in listing that (I over-performed in law school) and it's totally irrelevant at this point anyways

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Bruce, two questions:

First, can I use JD Match if I am applying for associate positions rather than summer associate positions? (that is, I am a 3L, not a 2L)

Also, are the firms that participate the ones with the JD Match logo listed next to them?

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:why does your site require that I list my LSAT score in my profile? I have no interest in listing that (I over-performed in law school) and it's totally irrelevant at this point anyways

Some employers do still look at that, for whatever reason.

BruceMacEwen

Postby BruceMacEwen » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:27 am

Re LSAT: Yes, some firms still look at that. You can question the wisdom of this but we're trying to respond to their wishes.

More importantly, re offerings to grads (3Ls, 2012 grads, etc.): The answer is we're working very hard--as in our #1 priority--to launch an extension of JD Match (target date: before year-end) that will offer options for these people. So not yet, but stay tuned.

And yes, member firms have the JD Match logo next to them.

If there are specific firms you'd like to see join as members, please email support at jdmatch dot com and let us know.

Thanks,

Bruce

Return to “Legal Employment”