Kasowitz CB/Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Anyone receive an offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:17 pm

I've still yet to hear yea or nay from my screener :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 pm

nothing yet but that doesn't seem to contradict the timeline they hinted at during the callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:nothing yet but that doesn't seem to contradict the timeline they hinted at during the callback.


What was the timeline they hinted at during your CB and when did you do your callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:39 pm

on the off chance that i was told some type of inside info, which i doubt, i won't specify. but i'll say this. i had my callback long enough ago that complete radio silence may otherwise have been interpreted as a red flag, but because of what i was given to understand, i'm not worried about it. so probably no one should be worried yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:on the off chance that i was told some type of inside info, which i doubt, i won't specify. but i'll say this. i had my callback long enough ago that complete radio silence may otherwise have been interpreted as a red flag, but because of what i was given to understand, i'm not worried about it. so probably no one should be worried yet.


So people already got kasowitz cb's? I am still waiting for a reply from my screener. I guess I am going to get ding'ed

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm a different anon. No one I know has heard back either way from Kasowitz.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a different anon. No one I know has heard back either way from Kasowitz.


Did Kasowitz really have cb interviews already? I find that hard to believe. Or do you mean no one has heard back from the screener?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm a different anon. No one I know has heard back either way from Kasowitz.


Did Kasowitz really have cb interviews already? I find that hard to believe. Or do you mean no one has heard back from the screener?

I know of 4 people that have already done Kasowitz call backs.

transfer2014
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby transfer2014 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Sorry I wasn't clear. I haven't heard of anyone hearing either way on offers. I know a lot of people that did CBs. Kasowitz did CBs with people from Cornell as early as the week of their job fair (Week of August 6).
Last edited by transfer2014 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:44 pm

transfer2014 wrote:Sorry I wasn't clear. I haven't hear of anyone hearing either way on offers. I know a lot of people that did CBs. Kasowitz did CBs with people from Cornell as early as the week of their job fair (Week of August 6).

Wow. I guess I'll get dinged since no word yet on anything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
transfer2014 wrote:Sorry I wasn't clear. I haven't hear of anyone hearing either way on offers. I know a lot of people that did CBs. Kasowitz did CBs with people from Cornell as early as the week of their job fair (Week of August 6).

Wow. I guess I'll get dinged since no word yet on anything.


What school are you from? If your screener was a while ago, it doesnt look good.

If your screener was this week, there still might be hope

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
transfer2014 wrote:Sorry I wasn't clear. I haven't hear of anyone hearing either way on offers. I know a lot of people that did CBs. Kasowitz did CBs with people from Cornell as early as the week of their job fair (Week of August 6).

Wow. I guess I'll get dinged since no word yet on anything.


What school are you from? If your screener was a while ago, it doesnt look good.

If your screener was this week, there still might be hope


T14 school. Ivy League undergrad.Screener was about 10 days ago..no not looking good. And I thought the interview went very well!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
transfer2014 wrote:Sorry I wasn't clear. I haven't hear of anyone hearing either way on offers. I know a lot of people that did CBs. Kasowitz did CBs with people from Cornell as early as the week of their job fair (Week of August 6).

Wow. I guess I'll get dinged since no word yet on anything.


What school are you from? If your screener was a while ago, it doesnt look good.

If your screener was this week, there still might be hope


T14 school. Ivy League undergrad.Screener was about 10 days ago..no not looking good. And I thought the interview went very well!


What were the initials of the person who interviewed you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 pm

What school are you from? If your screener was a while ago, it doesnt look good.

If your screener was this week, there still might be hope[/quote]

What were the initials of the person who interviewed you?[/quote][/quote]

I am thinking that I don't want to share that because I would rather not out myself (in case by some stroke of luck I am still being considered)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I am thinking that I don't want to share that because I would rather not out myself (in case by some stroke of luck I am still being considered)

Is it a first choice or something? What is it about the firm that you like?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I am thinking that I don't want to share that because I would rather not out myself (in case by some stroke of luck I am still being considered)

Is it a first choice or something? What is it about the firm that you like?

Honestly, you sound as if you are an associate or partner at the firm fishing for information.
Are you a law student or employee of the firm?
If you are an employee, can you hire me right now? Yes, it is a first choice for me. Please call me for a cb interview since I have not been contacted yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:56 am

I have a CB on September 10. I believe there was a blackout in scheduling the week before so anyone who scheduled from last week on will likely be out past the 10th. FWIW, I got a callback the morning after the day I screened - it was super fast (I'm at MVP)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:34 am

i don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but this seems like a pattern for them. i got my callback very quickly too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I am thinking that I don't want to share that because I would rather not out myself (in case by some stroke of luck I am still being considered)

Is it a first choice or something? What is it about the firm that you like?

Honestly, you sound as if you are an associate or partner at the firm fishing for information.
Are you a law student or employee of the firm?
If you are an employee, can you hire me right now? Yes, it is a first choice for me. Please call me for a cb interview since I have not been contacted yet.

More like a guy hoping to learn more about the firm. There isn't as much on here about it as there are about other litigation places.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I am thinking that I don't want to share that because I would rather not out myself (in case by some stroke of luck I am still being considered)

Is it a first choice or something? What is it about the firm that you like?

Honestly, you sound as if you are an associate or partner at the firm fishing for information.
Are you a law student or employee of the firm?
If you are an employee, can you hire me right now? Yes, it is a first choice for me. Please call me for a cb interview since I have not been contacted yet.

More like a guy hoping to learn more about the firm. There isn't as much on here about it as there are about other litigation places.


<-- Just summered there. Happy to take questions.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:<-- Just summered there. Happy to take questions.

I was just curious about the health of the firm and the quality of the work. How would you compare it to other firms in NY primarily focused on litigation?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a CB on September 10. I believe there was a blackout in scheduling the week before so anyone who scheduled from last week on will likely be out past the 10th. FWIW, I got a callback the morning after the day I screened - it was super fast (I'm at MVP)


Anonymous User wrote:i don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but this seems like a pattern for them. i got my callback very quickly too.


Just to add to this - I got a callback over a week after my screener. The hiring person said the attorney got busy and had failed to start making the calls. Also, on Wed there were still open slots for next week as well as the first week of Sept. Maybe interview slots are school dependent?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:<-- Just summered there. Happy to take questions.

I was just curious about the health of the firm and the quality of the work. How would you compare it to other firms in NY primarily focused on litigation?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kasowitz CB/Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:31 pm

just had cb this week...seemed to hint at it taking around a week to know either way...wondering if anyone can confirm this?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.