Post-CB, pre-offer dinner

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Post-CB, pre-offer dinner

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:06 pm

How important is attendance at a post-CB, pre-offer dinner? I imagine attending would be a good way of showing enthusiasm about the firm, and it is definitely a firm I could see myself at and am excited about, but it's scheduled on a day that I already have two hours of class followed by a callback, and my energy/enthusiasm will definitely be lacking by then (not to mention the fact that I will be the only person there in a suit (dress code is business casual) will be a dead giveaway that I either just came from another interview or are an aspie). Thoughts? Am I hurting my chances if I don't attend? (The dinner is apparently for all students at my law school who received a callback from this firm, by the way, which I would estimate at 20-30 invitees).

Richie Tenenbaum

Re: Post-CB, pre-offer dinner

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How important is attendance at a post-CB, pre-offer dinner? I imagine attending would be a good way of showing enthusiasm about the firm, and it is definitely a firm I could see myself at and am excited about, but it's scheduled on a day that I already have two hours of class followed by a callback, and my energy/enthusiasm will definitely be lacking by then (not to mention the fact that I will be the only person there in a suit (dress code is business casual) will be a dead giveaway that I either just came from another interview or are an aspie). Thoughts? Am I hurting my chances if I don't attend? (The dinner is apparently for all students at my law school who received a callback from this firm, by the way, which I would estimate at 20-30 invitees).

It can depend on a lot of things, but I would say fairly important. If you want to make sure you are less drained when going, simply don't go to class that day. (Securing a job is much more important than 2 hours of class early in the semester.)

Punisha20

Postby Punisha20 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 pm

f7 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How important is attendance at a post-CB, pre-offer dinner? I imagine attending would be a good way of showing enthusiasm about the firm, and it is definitely a firm I could see myself at and am excited about, but it's scheduled on a day that I already have two hours of class followed by a callback, and my energy/enthusiasm will definitely be lacking by then (not to mention the fact that I will be the only person there in a suit (dress code is business casual) will be a dead giveaway that I either just came from another interview or are an aspie). Thoughts? Am I hurting my chances if I don't attend? (The dinner is apparently for all students at my law school who received a callback from this firm, by the way, which I would estimate at 20-30 invitees).

Then skip class and go to the dinner. Take your suit jacket off, or bring a change of pants in your briefcase/bag. How is this hard?

+1

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:34 pm

f7 wrote:

Then skip class and go to the dinner. Take your suit jacket off, or bring a change of pants in your briefcase/bag. How is this hard?

Yeah seriously, this is a no-brainer - of course it is important to attend a post-CB, pre-offer dinner.

Return to “Legal Employment”