Delaware Firms Callback Info Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Delaware Firms Callback Info

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Anyone know if Delaware firms (Morris Nichols, Richards Layton, Potter Anderson, Young Conaway) follow the typical screener to callback time schedule (roughly 1 to 3 days?) Philly t2 here, had screeners with all of them this week, the earliest one on Monday with Morris. Is it safe to say the morris was ding if I've heard radio silence? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Delaware Firms Callback Info

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Morris CB took a week or so, heard from the others within two or three days, but in general the turn around time in Delaware is a little slower than most places.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Heard back from Richards Layton in 3 days.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Morris CB took a week or so, heard from the others within two or three days, but in general the turn around time in Delaware is a little slower than most places.
Interviewed with Morris Nichols Monday at Penn and haven't heard back yet myself. The one week turnaround bit does give me some hope though!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:43 pm

OP here, thanks for your responses. And people say TLers are all jerks! That makes me feel a little better...had RLF on Tuesday so 3 days would be today or tomorrow depends on when one starts counting...assuming a ding.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:44 pm

To the above posters are you in the philly area in terms of schools?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Anyone have ding experience with these firms? Looking at last year's forums it appears some of them never even bother to send a ding...which means some of us will be waiting...forever

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:52 pm

MNAT offered me a callback at the end of the screener, Skadden callback 2 days later, Potter 3 days later, silence from the others

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have ding experience with these firms? Looking at last year's forums it appears some of them never even bother to send a ding...which means some of us will be waiting...forever
I got dings from even mass mails at all the DE firms I applied to, but anyway, if you don't hear back in a few weeks, just follow up. There's no reason to just wait.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Morris Nichols took about a week to give me a call back hang in there folks.

Make sure you have a good understanding of what these firms actually do. I wasn't entirely sure myself and that resulted in ding. Best of luck folks.

Also - I had friends who hustled and were able to pick up SA at firms from mass mails pretty late in the game in October I think it was.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Anyone have any knowledge about CB to offer timelines for some of the Delaware firms?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:00 pm

morris nichols took a week to send me a snail mail ding. waiting on likely rejections from richards (tuesday interview), young (wed) and potter (thursday)...will let you know when they get here

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:42 pm

young conaway took 4 days to give my friend a callback...so you never know

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Any idea how selective these firms are? I interviewed with all of them but so far have 1 rejection and silence from the rest. Do these firms want strictly law review and top 10 percent?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:30 pm

A lot of it depends on what school you attend. I'm top 20% at a local tier 2 they recruitment from and am on a secondary journal. I also worked in Delaware my 1L summer. I screened with the big 4 but didnt receive any call backs from them. A brief glance at their websites will reveal that from tier 2 they want law review etc. From a school like say GW you could be on the journal of ice cream sundaes and probably just above median and be fine....so again it all depends...and don't buy into the whole why delaware nonsense....a friend with a callback didn't even know where Delaware was on a map let alone its importance as a legal market.. its like any other firm.. prestige whores above all else...and yes I realize I should drop out or retake or whatever the usual top law schools mantra is

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:57 pm

I thought Penn students with OK grades would do ok, but connection still matters. Maybe even if not at the screener lever, it does at the CB/offer level. Delaware has a special legal landscape and some people appreciate it some not. It isn't for everyone.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”