Denver Living

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
legalese_retard

Denver Living

Postby legalese_retard » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Just got an interview at a firm in Denver and was wondering about the living situation in the area. I know the firms pay less than the firms do here in Dallas, so I want to do some COL research before I accept should I get the job. I think the firm would start me at $90K/year. I would love to live downtown, but apartments appear to be way more expensive than Dallas. I currently live in a great apartment a few blocks from downtown Dallas for $850/month, but the cheapest comparable apartment in Denver is over $1400/month. Is this normal or are there cheaper apartments available? If not downtown, are there other nice locations around Denver to look into? I hear Riverfront is nice, but it looks like there are only condos for sale in that area and not apartments. I'm taking an extra day to visit Denver to possibly look at locations. I may be jumping the gun by looking for a place to live already, but I want to know what I am getting into before making my decision.

Bikeflip

Re: Denver Living

Postby Bikeflip » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Denver rents are becoming more and more expensive. Good/acceptable/up and coming neighborhoods that are close to downtown include the following, in no particular order: Union Station, Downtown itself, LoDo, Cap Hill, North Cap Hill/City Park West/Uptown, Highland, Jefferson Park, and Speer.

In these areas, for under $1,000/mo., expect to live in an older building. Also, Union Station,LoDo, and other downtown neighborhoods are going to be off limits, with few exceptions. Highland and Jefferson Park might have studios for under $800. Cap Hill and Uptown may have 1BRs. Speer might be a decent bet for 1BRs as well.

legalese_retard

Postby legalese_retard » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Bikeflip wrote:Denver rents are becoming more and more expensive. Good/acceptable/up and coming neighborhoods that are close to downtown include the following, in no particular order: Union Station, Downtown itself, LoDo, Cap Hill, North Cap Hill/City Park West/Uptown, Highland, Jefferson Park, and Speer.

In these areas, for under $1,000/mo., expect to live in an older building. Also, Union Station,LoDo, and other downtown neighborhoods are going to be off limits, with few exceptions. Highland and Jefferson Park might have studios for under $800. Cap Hill and Uptown may have 1BRs. Speer might be a decent bet for 1BRs as well.

Awesome, thanks! Is it better to rent or buy a condo?

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:45 pm

legalese_retard wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:Denver rents are becoming more and more expensive. Good/acceptable/up and coming neighborhoods that are close to downtown include the following, in no particular order: Union Station, Downtown itself, LoDo, Cap Hill, North Cap Hill/City Park West/Uptown, Highland, Jefferson Park, and Speer.

Awesome, thanks! Is it better to rent or buy a condo?

Considering that the Denver real estate market may have hit bottom, see also, and also many new builds are condo only, I'd at least try to buy. Denver's also going through a bit of a condo boom, FWIW. Here's a Zillow search to get you started. Zillow is stating that, with a 20% down payment, you can get a 1BR for around $800 a month on a $220,000 condo. Note: YMMV.

EDIT: Also, if you're willing to light rail it into Denver, check out the apartments/condos near Englewood Station, Downtown Littleton Station, and Louisiana Pearl Station. Each of thee stops is within 15-20 minutes of downtown, and the train will run up until last call. So if you have a late night project, or you wanted to have a night out downtown, you can make it back with minimal cab expenses or a short light-rail bike ride, if you are inclined to do so.

However, I'd not start seriously looking at housing until after you have an offer, as Denver has a reputation for being an insular market.

efrain

Easy Search - homes for sale

Postby efrain » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:00 am

The Fox Valley is a region found on the Fox River of Northern Illinois, along the western edges of the Chicago metropolitan side. Fox Valley is also known as the Fox River Valley.

If you mod edit: SPAMsearch for homes[/url],you can go freely with us.We will guide you well in finding good homes for you.Here we welcome you to the fabulous world of Realty Executives Fox Valley website. We are ready to help you for buying a new home, selling your home. Our home expert’s team will guide you and will help you with the current listings like, free current market analysis, information about the beautiful Fox Valley area and much more! It will be very helpful for you, if you are looking for real estate and homes for sale in the Fox Valley. Here we provide every possible real estate tools in front of you.

Return to “Legal Employment”