Big Bank Summer Compliance Program

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Big Bank Summer Compliance Program

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:21 am

I had an OCI screener the other day for a big bank summer compliance job that i'm not quite sure what to do about. I'm pretty sure I nailed the interview (used to work for the same bank and fit my goals to the position) but I'm worried about he portability of my experience if I decide after a few years that I'm not interested in compliance and would rather do traditional legal work.

the position is more of a risk-analyst job than a pure legal job (they have both JDs and MBAs in the same positions).

Does anyone have experience with compliance-type positions and the ability to move from them to firms or in-house legal positions?

thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Big Bank Summer Compliance Program

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:17 pm

bump?

Anonymous User

Re: Big Bank Summer Compliance Program

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:45 pm

I interviewed with a partner at a firm the other day who moved to firm from going straight in house after law school... So I guess it's possible if you get up to near general counsel level.

Return to “Legal Employment”