NYC Legal Staffing Agency, is this typical/legitimate?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NYC Legal Staffing Agency, is this typical/legitimate?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:18 pm

I responded to an ad on Craigslist for a legal assistant/paralegal position in NYC and received a call shortly after from a legal staffing agency. I was asked to bring a photocopy of my U.S. passport for tomorrow's interview. She then sent me an application packet (with W4&I9 forms) via email where I would be required to provide all of my personal information including social security number, etc.

I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable about this. I've never went through a legal staffing agency before. Is this typical/normal?

The company's name is Legal Options. Definitely not one of the big name NYC staffing firms. From the company's website, http://legaloptions.com/sub_contact.html (which I got from Google), their office appears to be located at 875 6th Ave, yet, I was directed to a different address for tomorrow's interview?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, especially those with experience with legal staffing agencies.

Thanks.

rad lulz

Re: NYC Legal Staffing Agency, is this typical/legitimate?

Postby rad lulz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Ya dude you need to be authorized to work in the US.

Return to “Legal Employment”