Email Local Midlaw Firm Saying I Will Accept if Offered?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Email Local Midlaw Firm Saying I Will Accept if Offered?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Top 15-20% at a lower T-14, went through OCI and have CBs in primary markets coming up starting next week. Completed CB style interviews with midlaw firms in home (secondary) market before OCI and was told they would make a decision after they completed their OCI at local T1 (early/mid September). I would accept a position at my first (and probably second and third) choice local midlaw firm if offered and want to make sure they know I'm interested. Will it help or hurt to email a member of the hiring committee I interviewed with and tell him I would accept if offered? Should I wait until I go through callbacks? Bad idea altogether?

Anonymous User

Re: Email Local Midlaw Firm Saying I Will Accept if Offered?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Top 15-20% at a lower T-14, went through OCI and have CBs in primary markets coming up starting next week. Completed CB style interviews with midlaw firms in home (secondary) market before OCI and was told they would make a decision after they completed their OCI at local T1 (early/mid September). I would accept a position at my first (and probably second and third) choice local midlaw firm if offered and want to make sure they know I'm interested. Will it help or hurt to email a member of the hiring committee I interviewed with and tell him I would accept if offered? Should I wait until I go through callbacks? Bad idea altogether?

I'm on the recruiting committee at a midlaw firm in a secondary market. An email like this would have no impact on whether or not you received an offer with my firm. Interviewers evaluate the candidates within 24 hours of the interview and offers are based largely on evaluation scores. If your score put you out of consideration, you would receive an immediate rejection letter. If your score made you a viable candidate for an offer, we would still need to see more candidates to see where you stood against the field.

Return to “Legal Employment”