HP First Year Attorney Program Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: HP First Year Attorney Program

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:49 am

Is anyone still waiting to go on a CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks. May I ask when/from whom you heard about 10/18? Someone mentioned in late Sept. that decisions would be out "in a week or two" and someone else mentioned "first or second week of Oct.," so I'm just wondering why the change.
recruiter and interviewer. they want to comply with NALP deadline.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks, although, I'm not certain I understand the logic behind that. Don't they want to give out offers as early as possible before the 11/1 deadline so that, if they're turned down, they still have time to give an offer to someone else?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:55 am

Yes, that's why they plan to extend offers before or at latest on the 18th.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks, although, I'm not certain I understand the logic behind that. Don't they want to give out offers as early as possible before the 11/1 deadline so that, if they're turned down, they still have time to give an offer to someone else?
Which practice group are you waiting to hear back from?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:Yes, that's why they plan to extend offers before or at latest on the 18th.
and as of last week, they were still in the process of cb's.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes, that's why they plan to extend offers before or at latest on the 18th.
I guess we shouldn't be too surprised. They seem really busy. It took weeks for people to get a callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I guess we shouldn't be too surprised. They seem really busy. It took weeks for people to get a callback.
Precisely lol!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 pm

news, anyone?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:41 pm

know of an offer at NYU. extended in early september. no knowledge on specifics of offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:know of an offer at NYU. extended in early september. no knowledge on specifics of offer.
Was it accepted?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Talked to them recently. They said this will be the last week of interviews and they'll make decisions next week and we'll hear then. I have also heard a couple of people got earlier offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Talked to them recently. They said this will be the last week of interviews and they'll make decisions next week and we'll hear then. I have also heard a couple of people got earlier offers.
Do you know those ppl personally who received offers or is it hearsay? And they are currently still interviewing?? Geez!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Talked to them recently. They said this will be the last week of interviews and they'll make decisions next week and we'll hear then. I have also heard a couple of people got earlier offers.
Do you know those ppl personally who received offers or is it hearsay? And they are currently still interviewing?? Geez!
Hearsay. Yeah they said this is the last week though. I'm not sure if they are interviewing everyday or for what offices. I'm not sure what the yield rate is so they probably have to interview a lot. I'm assuming many(most) people have SA offers that they could accept. Not sure if this is accurate. A few people from my school work there and they all had SAs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks for the update. Would you happen to know which group(s) they are still interviewing for? I'm surprised at how many people they're interviewing/how long CBs are taking. I'm also surprised that they would give out some early offers and choose to wait till the rest of the CBs are done before making a decision. I haven't heard of firms splitting their decision-making process that way.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the update. Would you happen to know which group(s) they are still interviewing for? I'm surprised at how many people they're interviewing/how long CBs are taking. I'm also surprised that they would give out some early offers and choose to wait till the rest of the CBs are done before making a decision. I haven't heard of firms splitting their decision-making process that way.
My summer firm did. We have a small class and we gave some offers out very quickly then we had a few more CBs then gave out a couple more offers. I actually don't think it's all that weird. Many firms don't give out all their offers at once.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Hearsay. Yeah they said this is the last week though. I'm not sure if they are interviewing everyday or for what offices. I'm not sure what the yield rate is so they probably have to interview a lot. I'm assuming many(most) people have SA offers that they could accept. Not sure if this is accurate. A few people from my school work there and they all had SAs.
Thank you for the update! It is weird because I don't think they want to yield more than 5 people anyway. So I don't understand why they are interviewing so many people.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:32 pm

5 at the most? I thought it was 5-8. At least I think that's what they said in my CB IIRC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:5 at the most? I thought it was 5-8. At least I think that's what they said in my CB IIRC.
Did they give you a division by practice group. I was under the impression: CSM&A, 2; Litigation, 2; and IP, 1.

Please do correct me, if I'm wrong.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:5 at the most? I thought it was 5-8. At least I think that's what they said in my CB IIRC.
Did they give you a division by practice group. I was under the impression: CSM&A, 2; Litigation, 2; and IP, 1.

Please do correct me, if I'm wrong.
Where do those numbers come from? I heard the 5-8 from an associate who I interviewed with, so you can take that with a grain of salt.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:41 pm

I'm also beginning to seriously question what I read here. One person said responses would come "first or second week of october." Another person said "on or before the 18th," which is tomorrow. Then someone else said they're still interviewing this week, so not till next week. These 3 possibilities are mutually exclusive.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm also beginning to seriously question what I read here. One person said responses would come "first or second week of october." Another person said "on or before the 18th," which is tomorrow. Then someone else said they're still interviewing this week, so not till next week. These 3 possibilities are mutually exclusive.
I was the person who said the 1st or second week of October. I heard that from HP recruiting. I wrote them again this week because I hadn't heard and they said they still had to interview people this week but they'd make decisions by next week. Things change sometimes. I know it's hard to believe but companies don't go by our schedules they go by their own. Also just because recruiting says something it's not gospel. They don't decide anything they just relay information. They aren't perfect, but I'll just stop posting information so as not to confuse you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm also beginning to seriously question what I read here. One person said responses would come "first or second week of october." Another person said "on or before the 18th," which is tomorrow. Then someone else said they're still interviewing this week, so not till next week. These 3 possibilities are mutually exclusive.
I was the person who said the 1st or second week of October. I heard that from HP recruiting. I wrote them again this week because I hadn't heard and they said they still had to interview people this week but they'd make decisions by next week. Things change sometimes. I know it's hard to believe but companies don't go by our schedules they go by their own. Also just because recruiting says something it's not gospel. They don't decide anything they just relay information. They aren't perfect, but I'll just stop posting information so as not to confuse you.
There's no need to be rude and snarky. If you're going to be updating information anonymously, you might as well make things clear and explain that HP said one thing before, but now that their plans have changed, there is the new deadline. Hearing 3 mutually exclusive timelines from 3 anonymous sources IS confusing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
There's no need to be rude and snarky. If you're going to be updating information anonymously, you might as well make things clear and explain that HP said one thing before, but now that their plans have changed, there is the new deadline. Hearing 3 mutually exclusive timelines from 3 anonymous sources IS confusing.
Dude! Relax. We are just relaying information as we hear it. Things change. That's life. Deal with it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:14 pm

Point taken! I do appreciate the updates. Thank you.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”