Skadden SA Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:37 pm

ding from NY callback, august 24 fantastic friday. best of luck to those remaining.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Chicago ding via snail mail.

Super Saturday.

Moving on.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby piccolittle » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden (London)

Are you going to take it? Mind PMing me?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yeah, I'm the above anon and had a friend also get an instant offer. He has great grades, law review, and great work experience. I thought my cb went well overall. Hoping to hear from them soon.

I'm just wondering how labor day weekend has affected hiring committee meetings since i'm guessing a lot meet on friday but a lot of people take friday off for this weekend.

Aaaaaand i came home to a ding letter. Fuck me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Did a CB like 3 weeks ago at the NY office and still have heard nothing. Assuming it's a ding, but still weird not to have heard, especially since others have gotten their ding letters in the mail already having interviewed after me

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Ding today after CB a couple weeks ago. According to CSO, 82% of CBs last year got offers. Either the numbers changed this year or my dudes really didn't like me. Oh well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:15 am

piccolittle wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Skadden (London)

Are you going to take it? Mind PMing me?


Not sure. I'll PM you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Did super saturday in LA two weeks ago...silence.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did a CB like 3 weeks ago at the NY office and still have heard nothing. Assuming it's a ding, but still weird not to have heard, especially since others have gotten their ding letters in the mail already having interviewed after me


This is me. I did the CB over three weeks ago and just got the offer. Must have been on the "waitlist' or something?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Anyone that interviewed last week hear from Skadden today? I believe they said that they'd let us know by today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Also got Chi offer recently. Would love to hear how some of the other Chicago people think Skadden stacks up to Sidley, Jenner, Kirkland, etc. in Chicago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also got Chi offer recently. Would love to hear how some of the other Chicago people think Skadden stacks up to Sidley, Jenner, Kirkland, etc. in Chicago.


Clearly according to the oracles of Vault, both Sidley (2) and Kirkland (1) are better in Chicago than Skadden (3)... http://www.vault.com/wps/portal/usa/ran ... gYear=2013

Now will you please consider rejecting your Skadden offer so they consider taking people like me off the waitlist and give us offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone that interviewed last week hear from Skadden today? I believe they said that they'd let us know by today.


Who told you that? I interviewed last Monday (8/27) and still haven't heard anything. Trying to think that no news is good news?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:26 am

bump. any cbs from the week of 8/27-8/31 hear anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:bump. any cbs from the week of 8/27-8/31 hear anything?


Not me, but I have two friends who interviewed on Monday (8/27) and Tuesday (8/28) that both got offers on Friday (8/31)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:Also got Chi offer recently. Would love to hear how some of the other Chicago people think Skadden stacks up to Sidley, Jenner, Kirkland, etc. in Chicago.


Corporate or litigation?

It's clearly behind Kirkland on both of those fronts, unless you want to do public company M&A then its footing is more equal.

Sidley is arguably a better all around firm, but probably falls behind Skadden on some of the corporate fronts. Sidley also doesn't have the national name recognition that gets Skadden the #3 vault rank in a city where it's not really a big presence.

Jenner is better for litigation but clearly inferior for corporate.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Has anyone interviewed and heard back from Palo Alto, or know how quickly that office turns around decisions?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Any info on whether people received offers on callback interviews last week from the L.A. office would also be great. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bump. any cbs from the week of 8/27-8/31 hear anything?


Not me, but I have two friends who interviewed on Monday (8/27) and Tuesday (8/28) that both got offers on Friday (8/31)


Interviewed 8/29; snail mail ding received today. I'm in NYC so I get mail fast.

Damn. I liked them. Must have been my lack of thank you emails :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bump. any cbs from the week of 8/27-8/31 hear anything?


Not me, but I have two friends who interviewed on Monday (8/27) and Tuesday (8/28) that both got offers on Friday (8/31)


Interviewed 8/29; snail mail ding received today. I'm in NYC so I get mail fast.

Damn. I liked them. Must have been my lack of thank you emails :)


Interviewed 8/27, ding letter in my mailbox this afternoon as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bump. any cbs from the week of 8/27-8/31 hear anything?


Not me, but I have two friends who interviewed on Monday (8/27) and Tuesday (8/28) that both got offers on Friday (8/31)


Interviewed 8/29; snail mail ding received today. I'm in NYC so I get mail fast.

Damn. I liked them. Must have been my lack of thank you emails :)


Interviewed 8/27, ding letter in my mailbox this afternoon as well.


Interviewed same day. Was informed of my offer 1+ week ago, and had a copy of my offer in my email inbox last week. The physical copy just arrived today. I assume they sent out all the mail from that time period at once.

runrvm
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby runrvm » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any info on whether people received offers on callback interviews last week from the L.A. office would also be great. Thanks!






Just got the call. Interviewed on Friday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:09 pm

runrvm wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any info on whether people received offers on callback interviews last week from the L.A. office would also be great. Thanks!






Just got the call. Interviewed on Friday.


In LA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
runrvm wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any info on whether people received offers on callback interviews last week from the L.A. office would also be great. Thanks!






Just got the call. Interviewed on Friday.


In LA?




Yup.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Interviewed same day. Was informed of my offer 1+ week ago, and had a copy of my offer in my email inbox last week. The physical copy just arrived today. I assume they sent out all the mail from that time period at once.


Congrats! Are you interested? Fortunately Skadden was actually not at the top of my list, so I'm not too dissapointed, other than the usual whiny "whyyyy don't they like meeee?"




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.