Skadden SA Offers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Skadden SA Offers

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Interviewed same day. Was informed of my offer 1+ week ago, and had a copy of my offer in my email inbox last week. The physical copy just arrived today. I assume they sent out all the mail from that time period at once.
Congrats! Are you interested? Fortunately Skadden was actually not at the top of my list, so I'm not too dissapointed, other than the usual whiny "whyyyy don't they like meeee?"
I am likely to take the offer.

runrvm

New

Post by runrvm » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
runrvm wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any info on whether people received offers on callback interviews last week from the L.A. office would also be great. Thanks!

Just got the call. Interviewed on Friday.
In LA?
My OCI interviewer called me, so the timing may depend on who you interviewed with, and their availability ...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Interviewed same day. Was informed of my offer 1+ week ago, and had a copy of my offer in my email inbox last week. The physical copy just arrived today. I assume they sent out all the mail from that time period at once.
Congrats! Are you interested? Fortunately Skadden was actually not at the top of my list, so I'm not too dissapointed, other than the usual whiny "whyyyy don't they like meeee?"
I am likely to take the offer.
Doubly congrats then!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Anyone who did a CB late last week in NYC heard back yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Did anyone interview with Skadden DC last week and hear back yet? It's only Monday, I know, but you can never start asking too soon with these firms. Have received offers from a few similarly ranked firms a few hours after I left.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Has anyone gotten an NY offer from a recent CB? If so, I would be disappointed but at least I could stop staring at my phone

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an NY offer from a recent CB? If so, I would be disappointed but at least I could stop staring at my phone
Interviewed last Wednesday and haven't heard anything yet. Keep the hope alive.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm

runrvm wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
runrvm wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any info on whether people received offers on callback interviews last week from the L.A. office would also be great. Thanks!

Just got the call. Interviewed on Friday.
In LA?
My OCI interviewer called me, so the timing may depend on who you interviewed with, and their availability ...
I also interviewed for the LA office on Friday September 7 and have not yet heard back :? hoping it's not a ding-in-the-making...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Cb for NY on 8/27, snail ding postmarked 9/6. Could be due to the fact that when a partner interviewer asked, "What was your greatest accomplishment in law school?" I completely blanked and bumbled through some idiot answer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 pm

For those considering accepting the Skadden (NY) offer, what's influencing that decision? I know Skadden is well respected, but it also has a reputation for treating associates like shit. Just curious why you're leaning towards Skadden over other similarly regarded firms.

And honestly - not meant as a shot at those considering accepting as I'm also serious about accepting my offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those considering accepting the Skadden (NY) offer, what's influencing that decision? I know Skadden is well respected, but it also has a reputation for treating associates like shit. Just curious why you're leaning towards Skadden over other similarly regarded firms.

And honestly - not meant as a shot at those considering accepting as I'm also serious about accepting my offer.
Interested in this as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:41 pm

So no one that had an NYC CB last week has heard this week yet? I have a feeling calls have gone out, but it is hard not to have a little hope since none have been reported here

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So no one that had an NYC CB last week has heard this week yet? I have a feeling calls have gone out, but it is hard not to have a little hope since none have been reported here
I had a callback in NYC last week and got an offer yesterday by phone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So no one that had an NYC CB last week has heard this week yet? I have a feeling calls have gone out, but it is hard not to have a little hope since none have been reported here
I had a callback in NYC last week and got an offer yesterday by phone.
Damn, but thanks for letting me know. What day was your CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I also interviewed for the LA office on Friday September 7 and have not yet heard back :? hoping it's not a ding-in-the-making...
I only heard back from them about 9 days after so don't freak out. I think you might want to follow up with the recruiter if it starts getting to that time when they told you that you would hear something.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I only heard back from them about 9 days after so don't freak out. I think you might want to follow up with the recruiter if it starts getting to that time when they told you that you would hear something.
Thanks for this info (I'm the first anonymous poster in this chain). Very reassuring. I wasn't given a number of days as a time frame for when I'd be hearing back, so it's good to hear that it took longer than a weekend for some individuals to hear back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:39 pm

For people who got offers in NY, was the call from an unknown number?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Interview early last week, offer today. And to the other poster, no it wasn't from a blocked number.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Anyway here from Skadden DE?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Was a summer at Skadden NY - will take questions if people are mulling over an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Directed at the Skadden summer:

what are your thoughts regarding the sweatshop reputation (especially within litigation) - is associate time respected at all?

how do partners treat associates?

why did you choose Skadden over other firms that attract similar personality types?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:00 pm

1) It's not a lifestyle firm, that's for sure. But you won't find that in NYC. Seriously. Relative to other firms, I don't think it's any worse. Note that lititgation is broken up inot practice groups (and I urge you to think about which one you want before you get there). Gen Lit has the unhappiest associates, but good exit options. It's also where most litigation summers end up. White Collar seemed generally happy, and have good exit options, but it's very competitive to get into. Mass Torts, I didn't hear anything bad about. Antitrust (the lit side) does a lot of sports stuff and seemed good, though limited exit options and also competitive. IP/Patent sounded good, but also very competitve. Really, your QOL will depend a lot more on your practice group (and more specifically, your partners). Ask associates in your practice group who the bad partners are and avoid them early on.

2) Again, this really depends on practice group, but I found the partners to be super approachable and very respectful. I summered at another firm and the Skadden partners were much different (in a good way). I heard of a couple "yellers" but associates seemed to be happy with their partners, for the most part.

3) Name, exit options, awesome summer program.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Directed at the Skadden summer, as well.

I interviewed last week for DC. Was told that decisions would be made today. I think Skadden makes calls at night? At what time should I go ahead and assume the worst? Do you imagine that they've already made some calls?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For people who got offers in NY, was the call from an unknown number?
To the NY OP: I've an offer from NY, as well. It did come up as a blocked number.

To the DC OP: I received my DC ding the evening after they said decisions would be made. Came by email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For people who got offers in NY, was the call from an unknown number?
To the NY OP: I've an offer from NY, as well. It did come up as a blocked number.

To the DC OP: I received my DC ding the evening after they said decisions would be made. Came by email.
How late is too late? I hear they make calls between 7-9 PM? Any sense of that?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”