WilmerHale DC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

WilmerHale DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:46 pm

I've read up on the firm and I can't square TLS *wisdom* with other sources. What is so great about this firm?

It's not Band 1 in DC for anything other than appellate. (yes, I know everyone has a huge hardon for that practice) They seem to be pretty good in general lit and government/regulatory practice, but not more so than a lot of the other DC firms.

Can someone explain why they are one of the most desirable firms to work for?

thesealocust

Re: WilmerHale DC

Postby thesealocust » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:52 pm

They're one of the old-guard in DC. Covington, Wilmer, A&P and Hogan have been the big/full service/go-to/native DC firms for forever and a day. Don't know what else to tell you beyond that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:05 pm

thesealocust wrote:They're one of the old-guard in DC. Covington, Wilmer, A&P and Hogan have been the big/full service/go-to/native DC firms for forever and a day. Don't know what else to tell you beyond that.

I've seen numerous threads on here suggest that WilmerHale is more desirable than either Hogan or A&P, and a few times seen it recommended over Covington. I was curious about this distinction, not necessarily why it was preferred over the DC satellite offices of other firms.

tengorazon

Postby tengorazon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:54 pm

They're all pretty much the same. Wilmer just gets a perception boost b/c of the appellate stuff. But Hogan also has a good appellate group.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:I've read up on the firm and I can't square TLS *wisdom* with other sources. What is so great about this firm?

It's not Band 1 in DC for anything other than appellate. (yes, I know everyone has a huge hardon for that practice) They seem to be pretty good in general lit and government/regulatory practice, but not more so than a lot of the other DC firms.

Can someone explain why they are one of the most desirable firms to work for?

Its considered more prestigious for many of the reasons stated above. They are part of the elite in DC. I worked at W&C and the only firms W&C considered as "peer firms" were Covington, Wilmer, and A&P.

Other than just prestige, Wilmer has alums all over the federal government. If you have any interest in moving in and out of government, then there probably isn't a better firm in DC.

Return to “Legal Employment”