Post-CB but Pre-Offer lunch/dinner

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AllTheLawz

Post-CB but Pre-Offer lunch/dinner

Postby AllTheLawz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:09 pm

About a week or so after my CB, firm contacted me to tell me that everyone enjoyed having me and and offered to take me out to lunch with a group of associates.. during lunch no real interview type questions were asked. Does anyone know how common this is and whether it is pretty much a formality or a substantive step before the final decision is made?

jessuf

Re: Post-CB but Pre-Offer lunch/dinner

Postby jessuf » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:54 pm

AllTheLawz wrote:About a week or so after my CB, firm contacted me to tell me that everyone enjoyed having me and and offered to take me out to lunch with a group of associates.. during lunch no real interview type questions were asked. Does anyone know how common this is and whether it is pretty much a formality or a substantive step before the final decision is made?

I did this. I think it was to see how my personality fit in with the associates and also to ask questions that are less formal and better answered (hopefully honestly) by associates.

DallasCowboy

Re: Post-CB but Pre-Offer lunch/dinner

Postby DallasCowboy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:21 pm

There are no pre-offer formalities

Return to “Legal Employment”