Did I screw up by scheduling my callbacks too early? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Did I screw up by scheduling my callbacks too early?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:12 pm

OCI just finished at my school and I have been lucky enough to land a few call backs. Based on conventional TLS wisdom I scheduled them for next week, thinking the sooner the better. However, I am in a secondary market that is notoriously slow. After searching the forums I found that several of these firms didn't extend offers until October or later last year. Now I am worried that when they actually get around to extending offers, my callback from August will be a distant memory. Did I shoot myself in the foot? Going forward would it be a better idea to schedule them a little farther out? Has anyone received an offer for a SA position months after the actual callback?

Thanks!

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: Did I screw up by scheduling my callbacks too early?

Post by thesealocust » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did I screw up by scheduling my callbacks too early?
No.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:06 pm

thesealocust wrote:
No.
Thanks. So going forward just schedule them as soon as possible and trust that when it is time to extend offers law firms are competent enough to remember candidates they interviewed several months earlier?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
No.
Thanks. So going forward just schedule them as soon as possible and trust that when it is time to extend offers law firms are competent enough to remember candidates they interviewed several months earlier?
Exactly 5 weeks after your interview your file will be burned and all attorneys who interview you will consume a drug concoction designed to remove all memory of your existence.

This practice stems from a lesser known provision of sharia law and is widely believed to ward off evil spirits over the Christmas season.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:21 pm

thesealocust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
No.
Exactly 5 weeks after your interview your file will be burned and all attorneys who interview you will consume a drug concoction designed to remove all memory of your existence.

This practice stems from a lesser known provision of sharia law and is widely believed to ward off evil spirits over the Christmas season.
Initially I didn't think this was a stupid question given the amount of time between the callback and when the firm normally extends offers. I now see the error of my ways....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:29 pm

It's not that dumb of a question, I can be kind of a prick.

Seriously though, you'll be fine - don't worry about it.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Remember, offers are given out by a hiring committee, and you won't have even met most of the people on the committee. They're just reading your file, which will contain comments by your interviewers as written-up shortly after your interview.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”