So...which firm should I go with? (Mbnk, Skdn, PW, Prsk, AP)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: So...which firm should I go with? (Mbnk, Skdn, PW, Prsk, AP)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:PW has been aggressively growing their corporate department. No longer a slam dunk to avoid PW for corporate, as might have been the case as recently has two or three years ago.

Ive heard from insiders that corp while stronger now, is a bad experience at Paul Weiss. Basing advice on that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:57 am

OP here.

Received an offer from Skadden, called A&P and Milbank to inform them I will not be joining them this summer, still deliberating between Proskauer and Skadden (leaning heavily towards Skadden).

Just received a callback interview at Kirkland. Should I do the Kirkland callback or decline it and accept the Skadden offer?

Thanks again.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here.

Received an offer from Skadden, called A&P and Milbank to inform them I will not be joining them this summer, still deliberating between Proskauer and Skadden (leaning heavily towards Skadden).

Just received a callback interview at Kirkland. Should I do the Kirkland callback or decline it and accept the Skadden offer?

Thanks again.

definitely do the callback. skadden and kirkland are ranked too closely to make assumptions based on rank.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden, K&E, and Paul Weiss are a cut above the rest. With those three, go with your gut, though if you think you might end up doing corp, cut Paul Weiss.

how does weil factor in to these three firms? <, >, or =? facing a similar choice myself (not OP here, sorry to take over your thread!)

Return to “Legal Employment”