Skipping Lunch?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Skipping Lunch?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:48 pm

How bad is it?

traehekat

Re: Skipping Lunch?

Postby traehekat » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How bad is it?

For a CB? Why would you skip? If you had time to go on the CB but told them you'll pass on lunch, then yeah that's pretty stupid.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:21 pm

traehekat wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How bad is it?

For a CB? Why would you skip? If you had time to go on the CB but told them you'll pass on lunch, then yeah that's pretty stupid.

OK thanks. School actually starts the next day so skipping lunch would allow me to take an earlier flight up but w/e.

Georgia Avenue

Postby Georgia Avenue » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Forget school. Your potential future job comes first.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Georgia Avenue wrote:Forget school. Your potential future job comes first.

TCR. The whole point of school is to get you a job.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Any tips for lunch?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any tips for lunch?

Be normal and sociable. Don't spill anything.

Postby 071816 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 pm

don't act like a weird asshole.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:35 pm

What usually happens after lunch? Do they just say goodbye or do you guys walk back to the firm?

Also do firms usually take a taxi to the restaurant or walk? What should I do with my padfolio?

Bronte

Postby Bronte » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What usually happens after lunch? Do they just say goodbye or do you guys walk back to the firm?

Also do firms usually take a taxi to the restaurant or walk? What should I do with my padfolio?

Lunch is usually with young associates who have little say in hiring decisions and are just happy to get a free meal. Don't worry about it. You can bring your padfolio with you or leave it at the main desk. You will walk if the restaurant is close or you will take a cab if it's far. Afterwords, you'll do whatever makes sense for everybody.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Bronte wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What usually happens after lunch? Do they just say goodbye or do you guys walk back to the firm?

Lunch is usually with young associates who have little say in hiring decisions and are just happy to get a free meal. Don't worry about it. You can bring your padfolio with you or leave it at the main desk. You will walk if the restaurant is close or you will take a cab if it's far. Afterwords, you'll do whatever makes sense for everybody.

Any common mistakes to avoid?

Bronte

Postby Bronte » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Bronte wrote:

Not really. It's usually nothing. Just relax.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Bronte wrote:

traehekat wrote:

Be normal and sociable. Don't spill anything.

breadbucket

Postby breadbucket » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:12 pm

The fact that you are asking all these questions and are this paranoid about something as simple as eating a meal is distressing.

c3pO4

Postby c3pO4 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:30 pm

breadbucket wrote:The fact that you are asking all these questions and are this paranoid about something as simple as eating a meal is distressing.

It's only gonna get worse from here.

Return to “Legal Employment”