Exit options from Delaware firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Exit options from Delaware firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:03 am

Anyone have a feel for how strong exit options are from some of the bigger Delaware firms like Richards Layton, Morris Nichols, or even Skadden (corporate transactional)? I'm mostly curious about ability to lateral to other markets like NYC or DC.

Anonymous User

Re: Exit options from Delaware firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:27 am

Bump. No one?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Also interested

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:37 am

Anyone have any idea? Do people do in-house after working as DE counsel on business transactions at a place like Richards Layton?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 pm

bump, also interested.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Yes they do. In-house is a really good possibility.

Lateraling to markets like NYC and DC, I have no idea, but I am willing to bet that chances are pretty good. A lot of the clients of the Delaware firms are NYC firms that are litigating in DE... so you create a lot of connections with them, and also you gain pretty good expertise in corporate law. I am willing to bet that your expertise + the connections should give you a heads up. Certainly in comparison to let's say working in Philadelphia or Texas.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Also very interested in this. I assumed the exit options for DE firms were pretty bad. I always figured they were the exit option from other firms. I'd love to hear about lateralling from DE to NYC if anyone has info.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also very interested in this. I assumed the exit options for DE firms were pretty bad. I always figured they were the exit option from other firms. I'd love to hear about lateralling from DE to NYC if anyone has info.

I worked at one of RLF/MNAT this summer. Of the people I heard of leaving, all went to V100s in primary and secondary markets or big fed. My sample size is ~5 though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also very interested in this. I assumed the exit options for DE firms were pretty bad. I always figured they were the exit option from other firms. I'd love to hear about lateralling from DE to NYC if anyone has info.

I worked at one of RLF/MNAT this summer. Of the people I heard of leaving, all went to V100s in primary and secondary markets or big fed. My sample size is ~5 though.

Can I PM you?

Return to “Legal Employment”