Weil Business

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Weil Business

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:59 am

Does anyone have any insight on how Weil is doing this year? I talked to two associates there and both of them were deferred until January of this year, and both said work was really slow. One was even in the bankruptcy group and said he had a slow year to date.

Obviously it's a great firm, but is there anything to be concerned about?

Anonymous User

Re: Weil Business

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have any insight on how Weil is doing this year? I talked to two associates there and both of them were deferred until January of this year, and both said work was really slow. One was even in the bankruptcy group and said he had a slow year to date.

Everyone's bankruptcy practice is really slow right now. Kirkland is the same way. Weil probably is overstaffed in their BK department from the height of the Lehman bankruptcy--since that's winding down, their BK group might have some fat.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:18 am

LOL K&E's BK practice isn't slow right now. Yes, associates are not as busy as they used to be, but they're still busy.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have any insight on how Weil is doing this year? I talked to two associates there and both of them were deferred until January of this year, and both said work was really slow. One was even in the bankruptcy group and said he had a slow year to date.

Everyone's bankruptcy practice is really slow right now. Kirkland is the same way. Weil probably is overstaffed in their BK department from the height of the Lehman bankruptcy--since that's winding down, their BK group might have some fat.

Anecdotal evidence only, but BK was probably the single busiest group at my firm this summer (NYC, V10)

Return to “Legal Employment”