Follow-up with screener?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gags12

Follow-up with screener?

Postby gags12 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Ever a good idea to email a screener or the recruiting coordinator say two weeks later, after hearing nothing, and re-iterate your interest in the firm? Or better to just assume its a ding and move on with my life?

Talking major market, btw.

Anonymous User

Re: Follow-up with screener?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:58 pm

gags12 wrote:Ever a good idea to email a screener or the recruiting coordinator say two weeks later, after hearing nothing, and re-iterate your interest in the firm? Or better to just assume its a ding and move on with my life?

Screeners are done after the interview. The silent treatment happens with dings or CBs---recruitment is too busy. Usually major markets you hear within a week. If not, you get a snail mail rejection within 3 weeks. Some firms give CBs about 2 and half weeks later (I can only think of Nixon in Boston as an example right now).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:20 pm

gags12 wrote:Ever a good idea to email a screener or the recruiting coordinator say two weeks later, after hearing nothing, and re-iterate your interest in the firm? Or better to just assume its a ding and move on with my life?

I'm in the same situation,and my cso told me to send an email after 2 weeks just to reaffirm your interest...did it last night with some firms and got one reply back with a ding.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:48 pm

I doubt it will hurt you, but I don't think it's going to have any chance of helping. Firms know that all ~50K rising 2Ls want jobs and thus they have the pick of the litter. Reiterating your interest isn't likely to make the process move faster or improve their perception of your candidacy.

Return to “Legal Employment”