OSCAR Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
choochoo

OSCAR Question

Postby choochoo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:32 pm

I am using a judge I previously externed for as one of my recommenders for my clerkship applications. My school has all of the professors already inputted in the system with their profiles set to not receive emails, but I had to manually input the judge and his email address into the system (he wasn't already listed). The school is still going to upload his recommendation letter to OSCAR for me. Is OSCAR going to send the judge an email notifying him of each application (even though he won't need to upload anything)? If so, does anyone know how to prevent this so he doesn't get a ton of emails? Thanks.

ggocat

Re: OSCAR Question

Postby ggocat » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 am

Pretty much yes. You should have given the cso's email address (or whoever is uploading the rec) instead of the judge's email... At least that's how it worked a few year's ago. Total nightmare.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 am

A judge that wrote me a letter had me set up the account for him as well as new email address just for that account, uploaded his letter, and then told me to handle it for him. It will send him an email each time you name him as a recommender. It's a pain in the ass.

choochoo

Postby choochoo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:56 am

Thanks guys. I've only started a couple apps so far, so I think I will go ahead and create a new account and use the CSO email. I'd rather annoy CSO than the judge!

Return to “Legal Employment”