transport/hotel expenses

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

transport/hotel expenses

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:25 pm

I've read Seal's thread, but wanted to make sure I get the logistics right.

I'm traveling from NYC to DC to do 3 CBs. Proper procedure is to 1) book my own transit/motel, 2) save receipts, 3) send reimbursement form/receipts to all firms.

3 CBs = 3 hotel nights, right? How much should I spend on a hotel? 3 star? Also, should I book a flight or just a train? Express train is like $200, but a flight is like $450+. Do firms have guidance on how much is appropriate for meals? Can we bill breakfast/lunch/dinner? Anything else to keep in mind?

Thanks.

ben4847

Re: transport/hotel expenses

Postby ben4847 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've read Seal's thread, but wanted to make sure I get the logistics right.

I'm traveling from NYC to DC to do 3 CBs. Proper procedure is to 1) book my own transit/motel, 2) save receipts, 3) send reimbursement form/receipts to all firms.

3 CBs = 3 hotel nights, right? How much should I spend on a hotel? 3 star? Also, should I book a flight or just a train? Express train is like $200, but a flight is like $450+. Do firms have guidance on how much is appropriate for meals? Can we bill breakfast/lunch/dinner? Anything else to keep in mind?

Thanks.

I dunno. But I'm recommending the train over the plane. Takes same time, more flexible, more comfortable, internet, gets you to midtown instead of Queens.

bk1

Re: transport/hotel expenses

Postby bk1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Ask your recruiting contact with the firms. Are these firms not just guiding you to a travel agent?

Return to “Legal Employment”