Ropes (Boston) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Ropes (Boston)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Does anyone know how long they usually take to notify OCI interviewers if they received a callback? I ran some searches but couldn't find anything. Had an interview recently and hoping to get a time frame before I schedule other callbacks for next week.

Anonymous User

Re: Ropes (Boston)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Last year got the callback offer two days after the screener (and that's with the screener interviewer doing more on capmus stuff the day after I met with him, which may have slowed the response). But that was about two weeks later in the cycle, so things may be different at this point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:40 pm

At my school this year they interviewed on Monday and Tuesday and sent out at least one callback on Wednesday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Thank you for the responses. If I don't hear by tomorrow I guess I'll take it as a ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Interviewed Thursday callback Friday.

Best of luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:23 pm

My interviewer told me I should expect to hear by the end of the weekend at the latest. I interviewed Thursday night. He/She told me that the hiring committee would meet Friday night and make decisions from there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:00 pm

At my school, OCI interviews were Monday and Tuesday, then they did interviews outside of Wed-Fri based on mass mail + resume drops at the hospitality suite. Was told the hiring committee was meeting Fri. night to evaluate the resumes/interviews and then make decisions from there. This system could be in place because my school is lottery and firms hate lottery, though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:At my school, OCI interviews were Monday and Tuesday, then they did interviews outside of Wed-Fri based on mass mail + resume drops at the hospitality suite. Was told the hiring committee was meeting Fri. night to evaluate the resumes/interviews and then make decisions from there. This system could be in place because my school is lottery and firms hate lottery, though.
Im at a lottery school too... Interviewed Monday, received callback by email on Weds.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Good luck to all of you. Ropes Boston is a GREAT place to work.

Kochel

Bronze

Post by Kochel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:50 pm

It's also a great place at which formerly to have worked.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”