White & Case - CBs --> Offers?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: White & Case - CBs --> Offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:23 am

CB a shade over a week ago and I still haven't heard either (sorry to bump with this)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:09 am

Tuesday CB, offer yesterday

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Tuesday CB, offer yesterday

stats?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Tuesday CB, offer yesterday

stats?

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Any movement today? Seems like they are moving pretty slow with offers this year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 pm

offer last friday. SO, CB--> offer, 1 week. Cali office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:27 pm

I had a CB about two Fridays ago and got an offer on the Tuesday after. It's not NY or CA. Good-sized office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 am

any recent offers? i've been waiting over two weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Yeah, I'm a little shy of two weeks myself. Not sure if I should give up hope. Seems like they have been taking a long time to get back to candidates this year. At least in the NYC office. Still the wait is brutal.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 pm

I got an offer yesterday after having waited over two weeks. (NYC)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got an offer yesterday after having waited over two weeks. (NYC)

So there's still hope?! Are you willing to share rough stats? It's been 3 weeks for me...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got an offer yesterday after having waited over two weeks. (NYC)

So there's still hope?! Are you willing to share rough stats? It's been 3 weeks for me...

MVP around top 1/3, LR.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 am

Email Ding today. CB about 10 days ago. NYC. Good luck to you guys!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:00 pm

I've been waiting since August 30. Sent an email last night asking them to expedite for me because I am sitting on several other offers. We'll see what they say.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've been waiting since August 30. Sent an email last night asking them to expedite for me because I am sitting on several other offers. We'll see what they say.

Not surprised to get a rejection email. I wonder what took them so long

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've been waiting since August 30. Sent an email last night asking them to expedite for me because I am sitting on several other offers. We'll see what they say.

did you get a rejection email in response to your email inquiry? also, did their hiring committee meet this morning or something? seems odd to be emailing rejections bright and early on a monday am...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

did you get a rejection email in response to your email inquiry? also, did their hiring committee meet this morning or something? seems odd to be emailing rejections bright and early on a monday am...

I have provided all relevant information. You can deduce what you would like to

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:51 pm

has anyone who had a CB in the last week heard back?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone who had a CB in the last week heard back?

silence here from a NY cb early last week

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Called today to ask about the status of my application (after three weeks of waiting)

Rejection email two hours later.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Called today to ask about the status of my application (after three weeks of waiting)

What did they say on the phone? That your app was still under consideration? I've been waiting 3 weeks too and have an offer expiring soon. No response to the email I sent last week about the status of my application. I plan to call tomorrow, but since I'm leaning towards the offer I have anyway, should I just take this silent treatment as a ding and avoid the possibility of an awkward oh we're meaning to ding you anyway phone call?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Called today to ask about the status of my application (after three weeks of waiting)

What did they say on the phone? That your app was still under consideration? I've been waiting 3 weeks too and have an offer expiring soon. No response to the email I sent last week about the status of my application. I plan to call tomorrow, but since I'm leaning towards the offer I have anyway, should I just take this silent treatment as a ding and avoid the possibility of an awkward oh we're meaning to ding you anyway phone call?

What is this with them taking so long? The callback season is windig down and lots of people are sitting on offers just waiting to hear. It doesn't seem like a great recruiting strategy to wait to let people know until the last possible second

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What is this with them taking so long? The callback season is windig down and lots of people are sitting on offers just waiting to hear. It doesn't seem like a great recruiting strategy to wait to let people know until the last possible second

are they doing a lot of holding people as maybes this year or perhaps its just gotten slower later in the process. i remember seeing earlier in the thread really fast cb-> offer turn around

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

It's weird that they couldn't get back to you right away. I feel like at least when you ask they let you know one way or the other

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:

I left a voicemail. I would definitely try calling tomorrow, you need to know.

Return to “Legal Employment”