back to back CBs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

back to back CBs

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 pm

I know, you're not supposed to schedule them back to back. But I've had to do that with several of my out of town CBs, largely because I was afraid of having to put them off until early September and then missing out by scheduling late. Has anyone done this before, and how best should I handle it? Is it okay to tell the am firm about the pm firm to make sure you have enough time to get to the second one?

thesealocust

Re: back to back CBs

Postby thesealocust » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:54 pm

You really have to tell the AM firm, otherwise things tend to run long. Do your best to avoid lunch unless the window between the two CBs is especially long.

CBs don't conform to schedules well. It'll be tricky, but it's doable. Sometimes it's necessary, as you seem to indicate, to get things scheduled properly. Don't worry about it too much.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:21 pm

I did one at 2 different NY firms last week. The two offices were close together, and i wasn't scheduled for lunch at the first firm. I didn't mention it to the first firm because I didn't need to. Was out of there by 1230 and was able to get to my 2pm CB no problem (with some time in between to study up on the 2nd firm)

Definitely better than waiting till September. It is doable. I'd recommend scheduling your higher priority firm in the morning b/c you will probably be tired by the afternoon CB.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:36 pm

If you have enough CBs to last until September, just schedule the firms that you don't care about in Sept. Unless you Corsair yourself, you'll end up canceling them anyway.

Return to “Legal Employment”