Faegre Baker Daniels Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Faegre Baker Daniels

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:16 pm

1) If you experienced a call back at legacy BD, please share any advice or insights you garnered from your experience.

2) From an associate's perspective, what is the reputation of the firm?

3) What are the prospects of making partner relative to larger firms in bigger markets?

4) What is the financial health of the firm post-merger?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Faegre Baker Daniels

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 pm

All good questions. Before law school, I worked in a particular B&D office. I left six months before the merger for law school.

The firm tends to be mid-level in terms of prestige I think, but this was pre-merger. At least pre-merger, the firm seemed to be in okay financial health, from what they seemed to report to us. The vast majority of their clients come from the Midwest, especially Indiana, and that can be kind of limiting.

Becoming partner seemed doable. They do these firm-wide quarterly meetings where they announce who became partner, and there always seemed to be a number of attorneys, including women, becoming partners.

At firm-wide meetings, they always reported the new crop of attorneys joining the company. The vast, vast majority of them were from Indiana law schools. Maybe you can throw some Chicago schools in there. That's all I seem to know about getting a job there.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”