White & Case: Is it true they are laying off attorneys?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

White & Case: Is it true they are laying off attorneys?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:07 am

I read some rumors in anon posts here saying they are laying off new attorneys.

Anyone have some confirmed info about this?

Anonymous User

Re: White & Case: Is it true they are laying off attorneys?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:21 pm

No one knows for sure. There have been threads on TLS and AutoAdmit about White & Case layoffs (including first-year associates), and it's believable since the firm was up there with Latham in terms of numbers of layoffs in 2009, and IIRC their latest financial figures haven't been stellar. On the other hand, Above the Law has yet to report on it, which I'm guessing is because they haven't gotten adequate confirmation since surely they know of the rumors (commenters have mentioned them repeatedly).

It really wouldn't be hard for one person to start such rumors just by creating multiple threads on TLS and AutoAdmit, and I can see someone being mad at the firm for various reasons (performance-based layoff, turned down for partner, etc.), but I also wouldn't be surprised if the rumors are true, so who knows?

Anonymous User

Re: White & Case: Is it true they are laying off attorneys?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:25 pm

http://lawshucks.com/layoff-tracker/#topten

Other than a firm named Dewey, White & Case takes the prestigious award of firing the most attorneys.

Return to “Legal Employment”