Milbank (NYC) post-CB offers?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Milbank (NYC) post-CB offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
mr_toad wrote:Isn't that about double what they had last year? That seems pretty intense; things must be going well for them?

Yes, they had ~30 last year. The partner was pretty proud of the fact that they are doubling when everyone is going smaller.

wondering how many offers they have to make to have that size for next summer. Last year they made 6 offers to students at my school but only one accepted...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Any news for those who interviewed this week?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:43 am

Wondering if my ding letter got lost in the mail. Can't wait for the awkward recruiter phone call. "Hello, may I speak with xxx? This is ABC from Milbank. I wanted to inform you that...

your rejection letter was returned to sender. Thank you for interviewing with us. We receive many qualified applicants each year and are forced to choose only a small number of individuals for our summer program. I apologize and wish you the best of luck."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wondering if my ding letter got lost in the mail. Can't wait for the awkward recruiter phone call. "Hello, may I speak with xxx? This is ABC from Milbank. I wanted to inform you that...

your rejection letter was returned to sender. Thank you for interviewing with us. We receive many qualified applicants each year and are forced to choose only a small number of individuals for our summer program. I apologize and wish you the best of luck."

how long have you been waiting?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wondering if my ding letter got lost in the mail. Can't wait for the awkward recruiter phone call. "Hello, may I speak with xxx? This is ABC from Milbank. I wanted to inform you that...

Over a week. Someone else got their ding letter that same week, and I'm not too far from NYC. HOWEVER, a lot of my mail gets lost or RTS. I've already had an awkward call from a firm about a RTS ding letter.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Over a week. Someone else got their ding letter that same week, and I'm not too far from NYC. HOWEVER, a lot of my mail gets lost or RTS. I've already had an awkward call from a firm about a RTS ding letter.

Sorry to hear that... cannot imagine when you received a call from a firm which turned out to be a ding...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any news for those who interviewed this week?

Callback on Monday; offer next day

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any news for those who interviewed this week?

Callback on Monday; offer next day

Congrats.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:49 am

Call back on Friday. Offer on Monday (today).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Call back on Friday. Offer on Monday (today).

also had CB on Friday, no word yet.

any reason to hold out any hope?

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Call back on Friday. Offer on Monday (today).

also had CB on Friday, no word yet.

any reason to hold out any hope?

Yes because you don't have a ding letter in hand.

Return to “Legal Employment”