Clifford Chance (NYC)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Clifford Chance (NYC)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Can anyone who has SA-ed there or who knows about them speak to how many summers tend to split their summer abroad? And are they really interested in people that want to work abroad at some point? thanks a lot

Anonymous User

Re: Clifford Chance (NYC)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:28 pm

not a former SA but had a screener with them, and they made it sound like everyone who summers there has the opportunity to work abroad for 3 weeks of the summer program

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:not a former SA but had a screener with them, and they made it sound like everyone who summers there has the opportunity to work abroad for 3 weeks of the summer program

hey thanks a lot - did they seem to come off as preferring that you take up that opportunity?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:55 am

bump.
my dream firm, any info people can share would be much appreciated (im pretty below the gpa that they usually hire, so i need all the help i can get) thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:51 pm

I think it wouldn't hurt to show flexibility, but I heard some of the UK firms in NY are still trying to build their US presence so it likely won't matter if you don't demonstrate a dying desire to go abroad.

Also, could you please post what you think their minimum GPA is? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think it wouldn't hurt to show flexibility, but I heard some of the UK firms in NY are still trying to build their US presence so it likely won't matter if you don't demonstrate a dying desire to go abroad.

Also, could you please post what you think their minimum GPA is? Thanks!

at my school (T10), they've dipped all the way down to a 2.95 (that could have been in the better years like '06 though) but their median is a 3.3 (median at my school is ~3.19) - what info have you gotten?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks. I haven't gotten any further info, just that Clifford Chance can be more flexible in terms of grades than some other firms (of similar caliber, I guess), but that it's also gotten a lot harder to get an offer to summer there than years past.

Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:05 am

I summered there this year- all rising 3Ls went abroad for 3 weeks after spending a couple weeks in the NY office. I think a general interest in international work is all the NY office is really looking for, most people in our class want to stay in NY but we still all took the chance to spend time in another office. It was a great way to make more connections in the firm and see how global they are in practice.

I know in 2010 lots of people opted to just stay in NY and focus on their work product there. I don't know that it would really help that much though and the chance to spend time in a foreign office was one of the best parts of my summer. Don't pass it up if you get the opportunity!!

Return to “Legal Employment”