If an employer does not have a hospitality suite...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

If an employer does not have a hospitality suite...

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 pm

If firms that you bid on and that you did not get interviews with but with whom you REALLY want to interview, do not host hospitality suites, how can you try and get them to squeeze you in for an interview? I've e-mailed attaching my resume, and none have responded yet. Thanks a lot.

Lawquacious

Re: If an employer does not have a hospitality suite...

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:18 pm

You will prob not get a job with them if they didn't choose you to interview, but best bet is to check in with career services to see if someone has cancelled imo.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Lawquacious wrote:You will prob not get a job with them if they didn't choose you to interview, but best bet is to check in with career services to see if someone has cancelled imo.

This is lottery based interviews (no pre-select)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:37 am

anyone? should I just follow-up to the e-mails i've sent (since they haven't responded yet)?

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone? should I just follow-up to the e-mails i've sent (since they haven't responded yet)?

I mean, I wouldn't follow up your own unsolicited emails. My initial advice would have been to go to their site and apply to them in whatever manner it recommended. It sounds like that's basically what you did (unless their site has a direct application, which many do). At this point your best bet is hoping for an interview outside of OCI or through any of your schools standard OCI methods (greeter programs, opt-ins for cancellations, etc).
Last edited by JenDarby on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:You will prob not get a job with them if they didn't choose you to interview, but best bet is to check in with career services to see if someone has cancelled imo.

This is lottery based interviews (no pre-select)

Check with CSO. Someone is likely to cancel.

Return to “Legal Employment”