OCI Callbacks Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
shock259

Gold

Re: OCI Callbacks Thread

Post by shock259 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 am

Can you guys give some examples of your questions? Most of mine are screener-based. Having difficulty translating my research into questions.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Jessuf wrote:What was the average wait time between screener and callback Offer for everyone?
I'm still in the middle, well, beginning of OCI, but my fastest one was 5 hours after the initial screener in the lobby. Two more came today. I've heard that it's really all over the place and not everyone finds out everything on the same day. Some firms told me up frontthat I will not hear for two weeks. So...I think patience is key. It's not over until it's over.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:41 pm

alicrimson wrote:
Jessuf wrote:What was the average wait time between screener and callback Offer for everyone?
I'm still in the middle, well, beginning of OCI, but my fastest one was 5 hours after the initial screener in the lobby. Two more came today. I've heard that it's really all over the place and not everyone finds out everything on the same day. Some firms told me up frontthat I will not hear for two weeks. So...I think patience is key. It's not over until it's over.
hey, PM me your callbacks por favor :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How do you gauge the firm's interest in you at the callback? I had virtually no surprises at the screener level re: which firm's did/didn't extend callbacks. After my callback today, however, I have no idea how I did! You meet so many people so while I think it went well, who knows!

Any insight on what is a good/bad sign at a callback? I hate not knowing!! (UCLA btw)
probably the same things that are good/bad signs at the screening interview. eye contact, interest, good conversation, etc. I'm at 9 callbacks now (USC); the excitement is gone and I want it to be over.
9 callbacks?! Holy crap, good job!

I've had 1 of 3 CBs so far. Had my CB with Sidley this week and it doesn't look like I'll hear until mid-next week at the very earliest. Two more CBs this week. The waiting is brutal.
What did sidley say about offers/dings post-CB? 1 week? Would 1.5-2 weeks be more realistic since its not NY?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How do you gauge the firm's interest in you at the callback? I had virtually no surprises at the screener level re: which firm's did/didn't extend callbacks. After my callback today, however, I have no idea how I did! You meet so many people so while I think it went well, who knows!

Any insight on what is a good/bad sign at a callback? I hate not knowing!! (UCLA btw)
probably the same things that are good/bad signs at the screening interview. eye contact, interest, good conversation, etc. I'm at 9 callbacks now (USC); the excitement is gone and I want it to be over.
9 callbacks?! Holy crap, good job!

I've had 1 of 3 CBs so far. Had my CB with Sidley this week and it doesn't look like I'll hear until mid-next week at the very earliest. Two more CBs this week. The waiting is brutal.
What did sidley say about offers/dings post-CB? 1 week? Would 1.5-2 weeks be more realistic since its not NY?
I just know that their hiring committee isn't meeting this week and the person I met with wasn't sure when they were meeting. I am planning on waiting for the long haul!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:18 am

So I've had my CBs. I found out today I'm going to be a LWR TA this semester. Is this noteworthy enough that I should send an updated resume to the firms, or is this pretty insignificant and so I shouldn't send an update?

jess

Post by jess » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:28 am

Last edited by jess on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

GertieTheDinosaur

New

Post by GertieTheDinosaur » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:37 am

I had a CB at DPW on Thursday. A friend had his on Wed. and got an offer Fri evening. Is it safe to assume that since 2 days have passed, I'm dinged?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:59 am

GertieTheDinosaur wrote:I had a CB at DPW on Thursday. A friend had his on Wed. and got an offer Fri evening. Is it safe to assume that since 2 days have passed, I'm dinged?
you'll probably get an offer monday

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”